Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Need a place to shoot.

Any ranges that are pay to use near hershey or harrisburg? I'm moving from NY to hershey next week. Got mech ordnance holding a Bersa for me till i move but I need somewhere to shoot it once I get it to make sure it work since im going to use it for my carry. I don't really plan on joining any clubs till next year. Anyone know anywhere I can just pay to shoot?

Closest I know of is down in york but would rather go somewhere closer if possible

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Need a place to shoot.

Some of the Pa. Game Lands have firing ranges on them. To use them, you must purchase a $30.00 permit from the game commission. The permit is good for 1 year. You can go to the Pa. Game commission web site and purchase the permit online and from there you can also track down the game lands that have firing ranges. I go to the range just south of Dillsburg. They have a pistol range there. I ALWAYS try to get there as early as possible. You never know how many folks are there until your arrival.

(Cumberland County)

West Shore Sportsmen's Association (WSSA) is in Lewisberry. It's not super close to Hershey, but it's not as far as York.

www.westshoresportsmen.org
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Lebanon County)

I don't know any Pay to Shoots locally, but when time to join clubs there are two that are pretty close to hershey,

Palmyra Sportsman is popular .. nice club, around 85-90 bux a yr (I think)
    http://www.palmyrasportsmens.com/index.asp

Steelstown is a bit further out not as many amenities but less expensive to join
    http://www.steelstown.com/HTML/index.shtml
    Last edited by Bugman916; October 7th, 2012 at 10:08 PM. Reason: "OP was looking for pay to shoot" edit
    /bug

(Dauphin County)

I am about to join the Steelstown Club. The reason being is that for starters, it's only $35.00 a year and they do not allow any alcohol what so ever on the premises. That is very important to me. I grew up in a sportsmans club that I will not name. But I watched me Father get shot at a block shoot. The shooter was drinking in the bar which is on the premises. I vowed I would never join that type of club again. Just my 2 cents.

(Lebanon County)

Was just out there on Monday I like it there, 12 minutes from my house.
    /bug

Quote Originally Posted by Hazhaulr View Post
    Some of the Pa. Game Lands have firing ranges on them. To use them, you must purchase a $30.00 permit from the game commission. The permit is good for 1 year. You can go to the Pa. Game commission web site and purchase the permit online and from there you can also track down the game lands that have firing ranges. I go to the range just south of Dillsburg. They have a pistol range there. I ALWAYS try to get there as early as possible. You never know how many folks are there until your arrival.
    When did they change this ? Well guess what this is my land just as it is yours . I DO NOT need to ask PERMISSION by my servants to shoot guns on our land . THAT IS what permits are asking permission to do somthing that God allows

Oh boy , I pray nothing bad happens next time I go shoot

(Cumberland County)

They changed the rules a bit over a year ago. You either need a hunting license or a range use license to use the SGL ranges. The ranges were getting shot to hell by people who were using them as a free place to shoot, but who were not hunters; and not "paying into the system". PGC gets its funding through license fees. 2x4's cost money. I don't think it's a bad idea. The people using the range should pay something for its maintenance.

Again, if you have a current hunting license, you're good (just be sure to bring it with you in case you are asked to show it).
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post
    They changed the rules a bit over a year ago. You either need a hunting license or a range use license to use the SGL ranges. The ranges were getting shot to hell by people who were using them as a free place to shoot, but who were not hunters; and not "paying into the system". PGC gets its funding through license fees. 2x4's cost money. I don't think it's a bad idea. The people using the range should pay something for its maintenance.

Again, if you have a current hunting license, you're good (just be sure to bring it with you in case you are asked to show it).
    You don't actually believe all that crap, do you?

1) The Game Commission isn't funded solely through hunting licenses. They also receive federal funding through the excise taxes on guns and ammo, so the non hunter shooters ARE "paying into the system". If they don't hunt, range use was the only tangible benefit they'd see from their tax dollars. The BS range permit was just another way for .gov to steal more $$ from the citizens. (The GC also has other funding sources, including royalties on gas and oil drilling)

2) I'd be willing to bet that just as many, if not more, HUNTERS were the ones "shooting the place to hell". Go out and pay attention some time, I'd bet most of the damage to the ranges occurs in the weeks leading up to the opening of rifle deer season.

Quote Originally Posted by daschnoz View Post

What you do not understand is this is part of agenda 21 or as called "sustainable development"

http://billyandanuttama.files.wordpr...odiversity.jpg

You think attacks on the 2nd ammendment is bad well , dive into this and see for youself . The UN will have this map complete if they have their way . Even through civil war and coming in to so called make peace.

You see back when I was raised , I remember when hunters in dauphin actually fixed the 4x4s themselves.

4x4s are cheap , 2x4s are cheap . "licensing" is HOGWASH and you know it

Oh I will be visiting a public range soon , and I WILL ONLY ask permission of the Living God to use his earth and not man .

This is a line in the sand for me .

Every time you ask permission to use somthing God has made you drive a nail into you and your kids salvery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast