Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Thumbs down Big John's Guns of the Williamsport area.

I had a rather rude confrontation with the shops owner John at the Carlisle gun show. John is a fellow dealer in the area and we have always gotten along till today. I was attending the show as a patron and was wearing street clothes, he approched me in a decent size crowd and sharted giveing me shit about my shirt. Now my shirt is slightly controversal, it presents a message of tradeing and being friends with all nations and not just Israel. He out right accused me of being anti-semitic and started yelling at me stateing " if thats anti-semitic we got a problem my wife and kid are Jewish". He was extremely unprofessional, he pissed me off and other members of the crowd. I had been sending people to him if i didn't have it but no more. I have no beef with his family and i don't think he needs to act like an idiot in front of 100 people with out doing some research on the subject.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Big John's Guns of the Williamsport area.

I am from the area and I never heard of him or his shop. I only really frequent tripolis, all american, dugans, and sauers in that order of ones I vist the most.

(Lycoming County)

he has an appointment only shop and does gun shows.

Thumbs down Re: Big John's Guns of the Williamsport area.

This sounds more like an issue of you offending him, than of his business practices being bad. I personally don't think its right of you to try to take business away from the guy over a personal tiff that has NOTHING to do with a transaction of anytype, maybe he went overboard maybe you deserved it either way theres no place for this on the forum.

(Snyder County)

I grew up and still work in Williamsport and never heard of him either. I don't plan on going there ever, but am curious as to where his shop is located.

(York County)

America and fellow Pennsylvanians are eager to know....

Whats' the shirt say??

(Allegheny County)

I heard the shirt saids:

HILLARY in 2008

just kidding of course
    No signature required.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zef_66 View Post
    I grew up and still work in Williamsport and never heard of him either. I don't plan on going there ever, but am curious as to where his shop is located.
    His shop is out 87 north of Montoursville. He hasn't been doing this for that long. I think he got into dealing so he could build his personal collection at decent prices.

My dad bought 3 AK's from him last year. He's pretty professional, but has an opinion on everything and his is always right. Prices are decent but I prefer to not be told I am wrong. (about whatever the topic may be.)

One thing that I thought was odd; he thinks everyone should be able to own a machine gun (i agree), but that the public shouldn't need .50 cal. Too dangerous.

(Lycoming County)

The shirt says " Dump Israel-Save America" meaning if we traded and befriended more than Israel we wouldn't have half the world pissed at us. Your right he has to be right all the time. He told me he didn't think i needed a fifty, and gave me some story about how it will blow up in my face after 50 rounds... or something. And the funny thing is he is extremely open about his hatred of Musliums. He even refuses to sell to them, which is his choice and i'm not saying i disagree or agree but he shouldn't bitch at me for my views. As far as the professional thing I just believe blowing up at somebody in the crowd of the show your working is rediculous, he could have waited and talked to me out side( igotta have a smoke like every 10 min, ya know) or called me monday he has my shop number.
    Last edited by JLR666; January 15th, 2008 at 01:55 AM. Reason: spelling and add content

(Lycoming County)

I believe his bias against Muslims has to do with his status as a Disabled Veteran.

He definitely has his opinions, as well as fair dealings. As an opinionated jerk myself, I can say, he has the same right to tell you about your shirt as you do to wear it

Be safe.

Scott

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast