Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Question PT 145 MILLENNIUM PRO

I recently purchased a pt 145 millenium pro . is it capable of firing 45acp+p ammo? I also read not to fire wolf ammo out of this pistol can anybody help me out thanks

(Bucks County)

Default Re: PT 145 MILLENNIUM PRO

It is not recommended by Taurus, and I agree. I recently sold my PT145 Pro at a gun show because of the rumors of guide rod pushing through end of the slide after 500rnds. With Taurus' bad rep for cust.serv, I didn't want to push the envelope, so I sold it. When I did shoot it at the range, it performed fine with zero malfunctions using factory ammo, non+p. Good luck with your new piece.

I have about 2,000 rounds through my 2 year old PT 145; about 25% have been hollow-points with the rest being Winchester White Box FMJ. No problems or issues as of yet with one round out of a couple of hundred failing to load properly. For what it’s worth, I really like this gun as it’s easy to conceal and shoots very accurately. You can't beat the price either-

(Chester County)

Do not use +p ammo in your Taurus. Read your manual or if it didn't come with one go to http://www.taurususa.com and read it there.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Franklin County)

Talking Re: PT 145 MILLENNIUM PRO

thanks for the info i bought it used at gander mnt it was checked by there gunsmith i know him. no paperwork came with it. is there any way to find if this pistol is subject to a manufactor flaw down the road after firing so many rds thanks

(Philadelphia County)

I use +p as my carry ammo in my PT145, I have also fired around 250-300 rounds of it at the range with no problems.

(Chester County)

Clipped this pic from the manual.... Just because you can shoot +p ammo from the PT145 does not mean that you should. The weapon is not rated to handle the higher pressure ammo.

This warranty does not cover grips, sights, accessories, cosmetic defects after one year, or damage caused by customer abuse at any time. Taurus will not be responsible for these items.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Allegheny County)

Own PT-145 Millenium Pro. I've shot the 185 GR Cor-bon DPX +P, the 200 GR Corbon +P, the Golden Saber +P, and the Hornady TAP; about 100 +P rounds overall. Gun seems to actually prefer these rounds; I've had stoppages occasionally on 230 GR hardball. 1000 rounds through gun; no visible signs of wear, cracking, or problems. One of my double stack magazines does sometimes hang up, though -- think that's what has caused the occasional stoppage. Always seems to be after 4-5 rounds on one of my magazines. Other one OK. Think you'd be OK with +P ammo, but steady diet would accelerate wear. Most of the cracking problems were on the early milleniums, not the pro version.

BTW, haven't gotten alot of answers from Taurus -- Have Judge which I shoot the standard pressure buffalo bore heavy .45 colt; faxed them a question if the cor-bon's +P would be OK, never got an answer. My gut feeling is no in this caliber.

Good luck and enjoy -- think it's a great carry piece (for an automatic). I've switched to wheelguns because every auto I've shot has had some kind of stoppage (and yes, I do clean them).

Cheers