Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Question IDPA in/near DelCo

I've done some searching here, and most of the hits come back to a thread that's been idle for about 2 years, so...

Is there any place in or near Delaware County that holds IDPA shoots? My live-fire training and competition experience have been exclusively paper targets from a fixed firing point. I'd like to get some real-world type training, and IDPA seems like a good start. I might consider 1 or 1½ hours each way on a weekend with a good enough review of the place, but I'm not crossing any borders to any place that starts with "New".

(Northampton County)

Default Re: IDPA in/near DelCo

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    I've done some searching here, and most of the hits come back to a thread that's been idle for about 2 years, so...

Is there any place in or near Delaware County that holds IDPA shoots? My live-fire training and competition experience have been exclusively paper targets from a fixed firing point. I'd like to get some real-world type training, and IDPA seems like a good start. I might consider 1 or 1½ hours each way on a weekend with a good enough review of the place, but I'm not crossing any borders to any place that starts with "New".
    Check out www.nepaidpascores.net for a schedule of events in the area. You may want to check out Lower Providence (30 mins), New Holland (1 hr), Ontelaunee (1 hr 20 mins), Hellertown (1 hr), Easton (1 hr 20 mins), and Blue Ridge Cherry Valley (1hr 30 mins)

If you decide to head out to one of the events, let me know and ill try and squad with you
    Last edited by IntenseImage; January 8th, 2014 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IntenseImage View Post
    Check out www.nepaidpascores.net for a schedule of events in the area. You may want to check out Lower Providence (30 mins), New Holland (1 hr), Ontelaunee (1 hr 20 mins), Hellertown (1 hr), Easton (1 hr 20 mins), and Blue Ridge Cherry Valley (1hr 30 mins)

If you decide to head out to one of the events, let me know and ill try and squad with you
    +1. Has a schedule of great matches in the area and beyond.

(Montgomery County)

Check out Double Action in Yeadon.. 4th Monday of the month.. shotgun start, just show up between 5pm and I believe signup is open until 8pm. Then you just get on the waiting list to shoot..

Typically right around 50 rounds if you don't take any makeup shots. Very new shooter friendly. And some people like to shoot there before heading out to the other ranges that run squads etc..

Just let them know you are new to IDPA and you will be taken through a new shooter briefing.

http://www.nepaidpascores.net/da/da_club_master.html
    http://www.doubleaction.org/

Double Action does not allow exposed lead on there range..

Good luck..
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

(Montgomery County)

Lower Providence has one coming up on the 25th at 9 am.

I am going as a first timer that day. They have it it the 4th Saturday of every month.

(Montgomery County)

LP in the past has generally been a long day.. Decent stages though. They sometimes try and get to gimmicky with all the activators and stuff and the wind causes a lot of reshoots.

Otherwise a good match.. Just seek out the match director, or ask who is running the new shooter briefing when you sign in.

If you are carrying a gun when you arrive that you do not plan to shoot.. Or if you just need to unload it so you can use your practice ammo.. Find the match director, or ask for a safety officer to unload you.. It is not a big deal, so don't feel like you are bothering someone..
    The problem with shooting Chinese bullets is 15 minutes later you wanna shoot again.

(Delaware County)

Looks like I may be shooting at Double Action in Yeadon tonite, though I probably won't arrive until about 6:15 or 6:30. Mrs.K is having some dental work done, but if the Novacaine holds on she may join me.

I will be in dark brown pants and tan blazer over olive green shirt - if anyone's there, say hi.