Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Older Browning Rifles.

I have a browning medallion 308 with a 3x serial number. Is it safe to assume this is before they used salt wood
    There was a little rust on one of the butt plate screws

(Montgomery County)

I just got off of the Phone with Lou, a Browning Gunsmith. He told me that my son's engraved Browning was originally a Browning Olympian Grade Bolt Action Rifle and that it was engraved by J. Funken.

This conversation started last week when I inquired at Browning on how to purchase Coin Colored Scope Base Filler Screws. Browning no longer makes filler screws in coin but will sell me blued filler screws. The gunsmith that I have been talking to say that they will remove the bluing on the top of the screws and make them look like coin color. Also they will treat the screws so they do not rust.

I told Lou about my son's Engraved Browning and asked me to send him pictures so I did. I just called Lou back and he told me the stock is a glass bedded Safari Grade Stock and confirmed that the engraving was done by Funkin. He did give me a price on a replacement Browning Olympian Stock. Very Big Bucks. The previous owner did hunt with this rifle. He may have replaced the Olympian Stock so it didn't get beat up while hunting. I don't know if my son will want to spend those dollars, I think he other plans for this rifle.

Here are a few pictures that I sent to the Browning Gunsmith.

I’m new to this site so thanks in advance for any help. I’d like to be contacted by PM by anyone able and willing to look at a rifle and let ting me know if the asking price is fair or not.

Ok, I got no response so here goes plan B. Would anyone be willing to share their thoughts on what a 1964 manufactured Browning Medallion in 375 H and H in pretty much perfect condition would be worth? Thanks in advance!!

Did you try looking on Gun Broker to see if there are any on there and what the price range is?

Yes I did. Just wanted to know if those were “ fair” prices or not. Thanks for the help!! It’s appreciated!

(Bucks County)

Lots of factors come into play; does the rifle have a recoil pad, sights, box, overall condition, and market. A .375 H&H Medallion Grade is a very desirable rifle. In nice shape ( in factory configuration ) meaning no sights or recoil pad unless ordered with the rifle. The original box would tell if sights and pad were an option. Hard to give a price without seeing any photos.
    Jeff
    NRA Benefactor member
    NRA 2nd Amendment Foundation
    Colt Collectors Association
    Browning Collectors Association
    Sharps Arms Collectors Association
    SASS Association

SANS PEUR et SANS REPROACHE

It appears to be in 98% new condition if not better Does have a recoil pad that I feel is factory. It has the long extractor.No sights. No box. Please give an approximate range of worth based on my description. Thanks

(Bucks County)

Cntryboy, Impossible to tell if the pad is factory or not. Pad may say Browning on it, but, who knows. To a collector that is a big deal. In 98% I am going to say it may bring $1900.00-$2600.00.
    If you want a medium bore shooter that rifle can not be beat.
    If you have any other questions get back to me after 10/5. I am going to South Africa, Zambia, and Zimbabwe for the a tour of the Wine Country then Safari.
    Jeff
    NRA Benefactor member
    NRA 2nd Amendment Foundation
    Colt Collectors Association
    Browning Collectors Association
    Sharps Arms Collectors Association
    SASS Association

SANS PEUR et SANS REPROACHE

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678