Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where to shoot

Default where to shoot

Where all you PAFOA'ers shooting these days? I'ma member at Alburtis (link)http://alburtisgunclub.com/default.htm. Its nice but would like something a little longer range in the rifle department. Been eyeing up Ontelaunee, they have up to 300yd and have quite a few matches there as well (link) http://www.ontelaunee.org/ . I live in Whitehall so am pretty centrally located.

This is kind of a spin off of a thread in the General for Lehigh Valley shooters http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/460...call-home.html (Lehigh Valley guys-Let's pick a place to call home)
    It was OLD so here we are
    Last edited by brownman; August 24th, 2011 at 12:30 AM.
    and to the dust you shall return

Default Re: where to shoot

bump.........
    and to the dust you shall return

(Chester County)

I travel up to the Mainville Sportsmans Club. It is just outside of Bloomsburg in Columbia county.

It is a very friendly place and handles pistol up to 300 yard rifle.

(Lehigh County)

Guthsville Rog & Gun, just off 309. max is 100 yard range. never really crowded. great thing, only 4 miles from my house.

(Bucks County)

I shot at Ridge and Valley Rod and Gun Club

They have a 25,50 and 100 yrd rifle range and a Handgun range.

Ontelaunee is where i try and get to. a little bit of a ride and its nice to watch the competitons. just need to watch the schedule. its only $25 the first year and $20 a year after. cheaper than going to most ranges. members are friendly and theres a good mix of personalities. i get my balls busted for shooting my glock vs the 1911 crowd. and hell, if its crowded you can always go fishing!

(Lehigh County)

Currently only shoot indoors at Shimmerville. Price is good at $9.75/hr plus the people there are very pleasant.

I'm looking for an outdoor range also. So Brownman would you recommend Alburtis Rod and Gun? I'm looking for someplace to shoot something other than paper targets. I also plan on buyng a rifle soon and can't shoot that at Shimmerville.

(Lehigh County)

Currently only shoot indoors at Shimmerville. Price is good at $9.75/hr plus the people there are very pleasant.
    I shoot there too, nice staff, I had a dud once and when i handed it in they gave me a replacement and an extra bullet for free. Pretty clean place too. Prices are good. PM me if you need/want the number for it. It's right outside of emmaus.

I also go to the public game lands right off RT100 near the game preserve and KOA. They have a (sorta) free range to shoot at, and they also have an area where you can launch clay pigeons to shoot at. The sorta thing on the free is the new rule that you either have to have a hunting license or a permit to shoot there. Sounds like you might hunt though so you should be good.

(Lehigh County)

You can shoot a rifle at Shimerville if it's a pistol caliber, I asked.

I joined Alburtis earlier this year. I like going, but I try to go at odd hours.

Was there once when there were quite a few people at the pistol range, the two loading stations are pretty far back from where your target goes. I just personally feel wierd walking up closer to shoot knowing that people with loaded pistols are behind me, waiting to shoot.

Rifle pavillion has three stations, it's pretty nice.

(Lehigh County)

Was there once when there were quite a few people at the pistol range, the two loading stations are pretty far back from where your target goes. I just personally feel wierd walking up closer to shoot knowing that people with loaded pistols are behind me, waiting to shoot.
    I've never been there when it was busy so I'm not sure how that's like. Usually when I go theres only 2 or 3 other people and we all just load at the stands. I thought I remembered seeing a sign there last time a went saying you werent allowed to have loaded guns at the back. Not sure when you're last visit was, mighta changed policies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast