Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bucktails.

Default Bucktails.

Hello, I looked through the 3 pages of the Beaver county forums and didn't see anything on the Bucktails club.

looks like a nice little club that is between me and work, so I've made contact and it seems easy enough to join.

Any members here? Or thoughts?

Thanks

Justin

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Bucktails.

I'm assuming that you are talking about Alliquippa Bucktails. I belonged there a couple years ago. It is a nice little club but has limitations due to size.

The indoor pistol range is lead only and I never have it. There really isn't an outdoor pistol range, just a 25 yd bunker on the rifle range.

I started going there for skeet, which was a great experience. Everybody was/is super nice and very helpful.

I ended up letting my membership lapse because I joined a bigger club closer to home and I still make an appearance every once in a while on a Friday night to bust some birds.

Yup that is the one.

Yeah there isn't much over by me, and I drive over to A&S for pistol, so I am not too concerned about that. I just need a place to shoot my rifles a couple times a month. Seems like a good spot since it is on my way to and from work. I live over by Robinson and work at Beaver Valley. Their little rifle range looks pretty nice for 35 bucks a year.

Thank you so much for the information!

Justin

Hmmm, I might pass. Been emailing back and forth with a guy that answers their email, and it appears they may not fully support the 2nd Amendment in that open carry may not be welcome. He said he will get back to me but that he has never seen it and he thinks the "directors" and older members would frown on it.

Is this normal for sportsman's clubs?

Justin

(Allegheny County)

There was a guy that OC'ed while he shot skeet every week. If you're just looking for a place to shoot your rifle it is a good club. Nice bench and gongs at 300 yds.

Well Ill check it out and see how it goes. If anything, maybe I can help change their minds.

(Allegheny County)

I'm a member there and I really only use the indoor range. It's lead rounds only, but it is very seldom used. I have only had to share the range a hand full of times there. I OC anytime I'm there but that's only on the range. I don't really go to the meetings or anything, but no one has ever said anything on the ranges.

Membership is 70$/year for your first year. During the year they require 8 hours of work and you can renew for 35$/year. If you don't put in the 8 hours of labor it is 70$ to renew aftwards. September 1 begins their membership year, so joining soon would be best as you'd get the full year's use out of the dues.

Thanks for the info! I am going to try to stop by tomorrow night. I really need somewhere to shoot my rifles besides wexford or driving through Pittsburgh..., until I get my own land.

Justin

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Hmmm, I might pass. Been emailing back and forth with a guy that answers their email, and it appears they may not fully support the 2nd Amendment in that open carry may not be welcome. He said he will get back to me but that he has never seen it and he thinks the "directors" and older members would frown on it.

Is this normal for sportsman's clubs?

Justin

Most of the older members don't even shoot there, they just show up to the monthly meetings to play politics and put in their $.03 about where to spend on improvements. Which usually results in a pissing match over stupid stuff.
    But other than that they do have a nice range.

Whelp went over last night and signed up! Nice little place! Easy to get into, because even before they "vote" on me at the meeting, they gave me the combos to the place and said have fun.

So, I drove out to the range today but they are working on it for a while, so I'll go back later. But nice little rifle range! I would have stayed to help but I have an appointment with someone shortly that is trying to sell me some ammo.

For 35 bucks a year, this is a hidden little gem! Looks like it won't be too crowded most of the time and they don't seem to have any crazy rules so I am happy I signed up.

It is conveniently placed between home and work too, so that is a bonus.

Justin
    Last edited by Justin///M; August 27th, 2011 at 12:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast