Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: Ruger SR1911 accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by phill View Post
    Ditzy BLOND chick at the Farm & Home was telling a customer that she had one and it was no fun to shoot as it hit everything that you shot at.
    Ditzy??? I think she qualifies for something a little more...well, you probably know what I mean.

I have seen probably 4 or 5, total, where I volunteer. None of them had any of the problems that I've read about, here. I'm not gonna rush right out and buy one, but if a gun does what it should, I'll say it does. None had what I would call an acceptable trigger, and the finish doesn't work for me. If it is SS, then I believe it should look SS, and not a dull, painted finish, but that is my preference.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Allegheny County)

[QUOTE=mike12_nguyen;2298045]i tried my buddies sr1911 the other day and it had some serious issues. it was constantly jamming and the overall fit of parts was pretty poor. we were using the same ammo with my sig1911 and had no issues. accuracy wise my sig definitely had tighter groups. i will say that i've played with other sr1911 and the fit was perfect. maybe my buddy got a lemon but it leaves a bad impression. <snip>

I may have mentioned early on that my Ruger SR1911, likely the 3rd one delivered in Western PA, went back to the factory for some serious rework about 3 weeks after I bought it and shot it. While I had one FTF (turned out to be a bum cartridge, not the gun), the machining was suspect. Ruger called me at least 3 times to discuss the issues I had with the pistol. At the end of the day, I have what amounts to a Ruger "Custom Shop" SR1911, polished by hand, fit checked, and perfectly tuned. I have found Ruger's service department to be outstanding, and I'd highly recommend you send that gun back to them. Call ahead and they'll pay the shipping both ways. Be as detailed as possible about what you think is wrong with the pistol.

I carefully checked my new SR1911 Commander, and Ruger has not only invested between 2 and 3 million bucks on new machining centers at Prescott, but they addressed every complaint I raised when my SR1911 full size went back. Please! You've got a quality gun that Ruger has placed their reputation on. They'll repair it, make it better than right, and I'm betting you're going to be very pleased.
    WOP 2-The Original Spaghetti Western

[QUOTE=WOP2;2299925]
    Quote Originally Posted by mike12_nguyen View Post
    i tried my buddies sr1911 the other day and it had some serious issues. it was constantly jamming and the overall fit of parts was pretty poor. we were using the same ammo with my sig1911 and had no issues. accuracy wise my sig definitely had tighter groups. i will say that i've played with other sr1911 and the fit was perfect. maybe my buddy got a lemon but it leaves a bad impression. <snip>

I may have mentioned early on that my Ruger SR1911, likely the 3rd one delivered in Western PA, went back to the factory for some serious rework about 3 weeks after I bought it and shot it. While I had one FTF (turned out to be a bum cartridge, not the gun), the machining was suspect. Ruger called me at least 3 times to discuss the issues I had with the pistol. At the end of the day, I have what amounts to a Ruger "Custom Shop" SR1911, polished by hand, fit checked, and perfectly tuned. I have found Ruger's service department to be outstanding, and I'd highly recommend you send that gun back to them. Call ahead and they'll pay the shipping both ways. Be as detailed as possible about what you think is wrong with the pistol.

I carefully checked my new SR1911 Commander, and Ruger has not only invested between 2 and 3 million bucks on new machining centers at Prescott, but they addressed every complaint I raised when my SR1911 full size went back. Please! You've got a quality gun that Ruger has placed their reputation on. They'll repair it, make it better than right, and I'm betting you're going to be very pleased.
    have you ever shot a ruger sr9? very comfortable to fire gun.

(Philadelphia County)

I got my SR1911 as a xmas gift to my self and i couldnt be happier with it. Haven't had no ftf or fte. I just gotta make time to get to the range and shootin some more, I only have about 200 rounds through it.
    You r one dumb son of a b!tch, bringina knifetoa gunfight

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345