Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Places we can't conceal-carry in PA

Quote Originally Posted by BigCecil View Post
    Since I've had my permit to carry in PA, I've been trying to figure out the actual law on carrying into a bar or restaurant in PA.

Can you legally carry (concealed) in a place that serves alcohol?

I've heard so many different stories on the topic, that its hard to know for sure. So called experts seem to have different opinions, and the laws themselves are so damn vague that nobody can really figure it out.

I don't carry when I'm going out drinking, but you gotta wonder if you happen to have supper an an Applebees if you are taking a risk because they serve margaritas there.
    PA Uniform Firearms Act

Read §912. and §913. (about the 4-5th one down)

No courthouses. Schools are off limits unless you have a permit to carry. Someone else can chime in about the carrying while hunting, as I don't hunt and haven't stayed current on what the new law means.

Those are the only places off-limits by PA law.

(Allegheny County)

I like the fact that we can carry pretty much anywhere.

It gives me a warm, tingly feeling knowing I have my handgun when I'm in a Target, Borders Bookstore or Panera Bread because I'm certain the corporate leaders of said businesses would FREAK OUT at the thought of a customer who is carrying a gun!

I wish I had the stones to open carry in one of THOSE establishments... can you imagine it? 100 cell phones instantly dialing 911 with reports of "a madman with a GUN!!!"

My gripe with restrictions is State parks.
    As I understand it, I can have my firearm(handgun) IN my travel trailer, cabin or vehicle, but not on my hip as I walk on a trail. Makes no sense.
    (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Bucks County)

i was searching through this thread and was wondering what the laws were on carrying in national forests, like the Delaware Water Gap?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    i was searching through this thread and was wondering what the laws were on carrying in national forests, like the Delaware Water Gap?
    From here...
    The second exception to this law allows people with a concealed weapon permit to carry a loaded, concealed, handgun either on their person or in their vehicle while on National Forest. This does not apply if the person is engaged in a primitive weapons season or chase only season.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Indiana County)

Unfortunately, the Delaware Water Gap is a National Recreational Area, whatever that is, operated by the National Park Service.

If it was a National Forest you'd have no problem with a firearm and an LTCF.

With the National Park Service, however, national parks are still off limits in case you need to defend your life or the life of a loved one.

Is a National Recreational Area the same as a National Park? Technically, probably not, but I doubt that would stop the NPS from hauling you in front of a federal magistrate for a kangaroo court appearance.

Perhaps a letter to your Congressman might help?

Quote Originally Posted by JLStorm View Post
    There is a building in philadelphia that I wonder about. It is a federal building, but the top floor is a private club, I keep meaning to talk to my attorney about that.

The one thing that really annoys me is public or private buildings with metal detectors. Especially in public buildings like museums, ball parks, etc there shouldnt be any CCW restriction, but the metal detectors pretty much kill that.
    In response to the bold, they can ask you to leave. If you don't , get ready for a trespass ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaII5 View Post
    PA Uniform Firearms Act

Read §912. and §913. (about the 4-5th one down)

No courthouses. Schools are off limits unless you have a permit to carry. Someone else can chime in about the carrying while hunting, as I don't hunt and haven't stayed current on what the new law means.

Those are the only places off-limits by PA law.
    Don't forget while riding an ATV!

Pittsburgh (Mt. Washington), Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    As the previous posters have stated, the only non-federal OFF LIMITS places are as follows:
    • State Parks - per DCNR Reg
    • K-12 Schools - per State Law

• Court Facilities - per State Law

• Pittsburgh International Airport - per County Ordinance

• State Capitol Buildings - per State Capitol Police

All of the preceding can be contested, if you're willing, in court to test their legality/validity/constitutional standing; the UFA itself is silent on the subject.

Okay places? Everywhere else!

If you want to carry, either open or concealed, in a bar, beauty salon or beanery, you can. Posted signs, if any exist, have no legal standing. However, if the owner objects and asks you to leave, you must.

Follow up question:

1. Can you CC and/or OC on the PAT Bus?

2. Isn't there something in the works ti change the no carry in state parks?

(Bucks County)

another thing i was wondering since someone brought up atv's. i dont ride much anymore but i use to ride on private land trespassing, if i got caught and had a licensed concealed weapon would i be hit with a felony or misdeamor? i use to ride by the airport too under I95, cops never bothered anyone because they would rather have them ride their then the streets, if i happened to get stopped by the police with a concealed weapon, what would be the case, it is probaly state owned land. sometimes when i rode id think i would feel alot safer carrying, especially by the airport where getting jacked could be a concern.

(Blair County)

Here is a question. Thought I would post it on this thread. If I decide that I dont care so much for the fact you can or can not CC somewhere and do it anyway (see also "thats why they call it CC"). The situtation arises that I have to use my firearm. What do you get charged with?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast