Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    (York County)

Default Re: Places we can't conceal-carry in PA

Quote Originally Posted by draines5 View Post
    1) So, in summary, what is the best source of places that are off-limits in PA?

http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html

2) And is Philadelphia different from the rest of the state? I know State law trumps Philly law...but I'd rather not have to make this point in court. Can I conceal in public while dining/visiting Philly.

If you have your PA LTCF, yes. And, according to the PA UFA, if you have a permit from any other state, yes.

Of course, you must first understand that, if you really wan to stay out of a Philly court, you should probably stay out of Philly, or don't carry. But that could be said of many places.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Jefferson County)

1) So, in summary, what is the best source of places that are off-limits in PA?

2) And is Philadelphia different from the rest of the state? I know State law trumps Philly law...but I'd rather not have to make this point in court. Can I conceal in public while dining/visiting Philly.
    Here is the places off limits. http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html

Philly tries to make guns laws, but they have no power. Only the PA General Assembly can make a gun law. The only difference with Philly compared to the rest of the state is that you need a license to carry openly or concealed any type of gun. Where as the rest of the state you only need a license if you carry a "firearm"(handgun, SBS, or SBR) concealed or in a vehicle.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    As the previous posters have stated, the only non-federal OFF LIMITS places are as follows:
    • State Parks - per DCNR Reg
    • K-12 Schools - per State Law

• Court Facilities - per State Law

• Pittsburgh International Airport - per County Ordinance

• State Capitol Buildings - per State Capitol Police

All of the preceding can be contested, if you're willing, in court to test their legality/validity/constitutional standing; the UFA itself is silent on the subject.

Okay places? Everywhere else!

If you want to carry, either open or concealed, in a bar, beauty salon or beanery, you can. Posted signs, if any exist, have no legal standing. However, if the owner objects and asks you to leave, you must.
    Wrong! You can absolutely carry in state parks
    http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...ting/index.htm
    as quoted from the DCNR website.....Firearms and archery equipment used for hunting may be uncased and ready for use only in authorized hunting areas during hunting seasons. In areas not open to hunting or during non-hunting seasons, firearms and archery equipment shall be kept in the owner's car, trailer or leased campsite. ==========>>>>>>>>The only exception is that law enforcement officers and individuals with a valid Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms may carry said firearm concealed on their person while they are within the park.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by xipantera31ix View Post
    Wrong! You can absolutely carry in state parks
    http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...ting/index.htm
    as quoted from the DCNR website.....Firearms and archery equipment used for hunting may be uncased and ready for use only in authorized hunting areas during hunting seasons. In areas not open to hunting or during non-hunting seasons, firearms and archery equipment shall be kept in the owner's car, trailer or leased campsite. ==========>>>>>>>>The only exception is that law enforcement officers and individuals with a valid Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms may carry said firearm concealed on their person while they are within the park.
    He posted that back in 2006. I believe that law changed in the last couple of years, if i recall correctly. So he wasn't wrong, as you so enthusiastically put it in that tone/context.

(Berks County)

Oops, I thought it was more recent.... Either way, I have seen this posted on many, many other sites as well.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by thirtyonebravo View Post
    He posted that back in 2006. I believe that law changed in the last couple of years, if i recall correctly. So he wasn't wrong, as you so enthusiastically put it in that tone/context.
    Yep.

FWIW the law was changed by Act 2008-131, specifically 18 Pa CS 6109(m.2).
    IANAL

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by xipantera31ix View Post
    Oops, I thought it was more recent.... Either way, I have seen this posted on many, many other sites as well.
    Just a FYI for ya here. On every post is a time stamp so you can see how old/new a post is.

(Jefferson County)

Since there is a sticky post of where we cant carry, and with zombie thread bumps - this is getting locked to settled to the bottom.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910