Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Les Baer

(Beaver County)

Default Les Baer

Has anyone on here ever heard about or seen a brand new LES BAER pistol that had very poor blueing on the gun ? I just got a NIB PREMIER 2 from gun broker and when I inspected the gun, the blueing has what looks like wear marks on one side of the slide. Not really wear marks, but looks like the blueing didnt take in 3 or 4 small areas. Anyone hear of LES BAER pistols not being up to par with the blue finish?...

(Allegheny County)

Question Re: Les Baer

Sounds like it might be holster wear marks. Are you SURE someone didn't "try it on for size" first?

Any way to post some photos - that might give MORE of a clue as well.

Default Re: Les Baer

Quote Originally Posted by joe magarack View Post
    Has anyone on here ever heard about or seen a brand new LES BAER pistol that had very poor blueing on the gun ? I just got a NIB PREMIER 2 from gun broker and when I inspected the gun, the blueing has what looks like wear marks on one side of the slide. Not really wear marks, but looks like the blueing didnt take in 3 or 4 small areas. Anyone hear of LES BAER pistols not being up to par with the blue finish?...

456 - This is the kind of advertisement they don't like send it back to Les and I'm sure he will fix it for you. Guns at that price should be near flawless at least in outward appearance.

(Monroe County)

I understand that they ship their guns in a plain cardboard box , no foam lining or styrofoam inserts etc. so it could have happened in transit to the original owner or gunshop.

A number of Les Baer buyers have the same issue. If you purchased it brand new, they will reblue it for you. For the money of this beast, I want it to look new if I bought it new. If it is going to get wear marks on it, damn it, I want to be the one who puts them there. JMTC. BTW, don't settle for a parkerized finish or a duracoat type finish, especially if this will not be a holster carry gun. Some people say a gun is for shooting and I don't disagree, but who wants to drive a supercharged Corvette that has faded paint up and down the boulevard, especially if you bought it brand new?
    Last edited by harold63; August 24th, 2011 at 07:10 PM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.