Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kel-Tec PRM 30

(York County)

Thumbs up Kel-Tec PRM 30

Has anybody else noticed how well these pistols shoot or did I just luck out and get a good one?

I can't get over how well I'm able to shoot this pistol. I was able to shoot a silver dollar size pattern into our targets at 25yrds and then just for fun we set up a spin plate rail with several 2"x2" & 3"x3" spinners on it out at the 50 range backstop and we were hitting and spinning them 6~8 out of ten shots, OK so then we decided to set up a 12"x12" shoot-N-see target up at the 100 yard range and were peppering it all to hell with this pistol. I'm not saying I can shoot it as good as my 22mag. rifle but this thing is really amazing.

The only thing that sucks is loading the 30 round mags they make the old thumbs sore after awhile...

These are awesome light weight pistols. This was the most fine I had at the range in a long time. I just wish 22mag ammo was cheaper.

EDR
    Every day's a Saturday

(Chester County)

Default Re: Kel-Tec PRM 30

last i heard, keltec halted production because they were keyholing so often.

(Chester County)

I've been itching to try one of these out. I too remember hearing about keyholing probems though.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    I've been itching to try one of these out. I too remember hearing about keyholing probems though.
    If you're ever in my neck of the woods you're welcome to shoot mine I think you will be surprised how well this thing shoots. They are fun with out a doubt.
    Every day's a Saturday

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Chaos View Post
    last i heard, keltec halted production because they were keyholing so often.
    As far as I know they solved that problem, the latest production has a barrel that has a different twist rate (faster) and is no longer fluted.

EDR
    Every day's a Saturday

(Jefferson County)

The PRM-30 has been out for some time now. However another company beat them to the punch nearly 21 years ago or so.

Grendel made a 30rnd .22mag pistol called the P30. In fact the the designer of the Grendel owns Kel-Tec, and also designed the Kel-Tec PRM-30.
    Last edited by knight0334; August 19th, 2011 at 10:10 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by thelemite View Post
    Does grendel really count as another company?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Kelgren

George Kelgrendel

George Keltecgren

Same designer.
    I snuck in a ninja edit on ya.. lol

Legally, yes.. ..another company. 20 years difference between initial production starts.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I snuck in a ninja edit on ya.. lol

Legally, yes.. ..another company. 20 years difference between initial production starts.

deleted mine

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(York County)

I bought a AMT 22 mag. (AUTOMAG II) several years ago it had 8 round mags but I could never get it to function reliably and it was not a tack driver like this little KEL-TEC seems to be. I liked the way it looked and felt but ended up selling it anyway. No use keeping something that doesn't shoot.
    Every day's a Saturday

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by edritchey View Post
    I bought a AMT 22 mag. (AUTOMAG II) several years ago it had 8 round mags but I could never get it to function reliably and it was not a tack driver like this little KEL-TEC seems to be. I liked the way it looked and felt but ended up selling it anyway. No use keeping something that doesn't shoot.
    I had one of those many years ago too. It was either my 3rd or 4th handgun.

Mine was picky too. Only a certain brand and model of .22mags would cycle flawlessly. I never had any complaints though for it's accuracy.

Someday I'll own another. I think they had some of the sleekest looks in a handgun ever.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast