Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default THANK YOU to the PAFOA community

WOW, where do I start. I obviously have many people to whom I owe a great debt of gratitude. The amazing thing is, I know they all did it because they believed it was the right thing to do, not for personal recognition. Regardless, they deserve to be noticed, so here goes:

Kim Stolfer – Kim was the first person I called when I received my notice of revocation. He was very prompt in getting back to me and offered advice that made an excellent foundation for what was ahead. I did not talk to him frequently throughout the ordeal, as I know he is working on our behalf on much 'bigger issues', but each time I have contacted him, he has been prompt and generous in providing insight on my inquiries.

Mike Stollenwerk – I don't remember if I called Mike, or he contacted me after I posted that I had been revoked, but he too was in regular contact offering advice and personal support. He also has issued press releases through the OCDO site on my behalf, which has helped bring more attention to my situation.

danp & doug – The PAFOA site (and it's members) has been by far the biggest supporter of my cause. Most of the donations received have come directly from members or those who read of the situation here. I thank them for pinning my topics and running appropriate banners highlighting them as circumstances warranted. Thanks also to doug for 'live updates' to the board the day of the hearing.

PAFOA members – I know that many of you modified your sig lines and/or cross-posted on other boards to bring increased awareness to the situation. In addition, you've posted hundreds of well wishes which helped keep my going as emotions ran high.

Pa. Patriot – Rich has been a great support to me on a personal level in many ways. He initiated the 'Rummage Sale' thread on my behalf and personally vouched for my 'validity' when the question of the whole thing being a clever scam was raised. In addition, he has exchanged dozens of e-mails with me, and much to the chagrin of both of our wifes, has spent hours on the phone with me. I've only actually met him on the day of the hearing, and like most of you, had only a brief time to converse on a personal level. Even so, I consider him a very good friend.

Frenchy – Frenchy took his hobby to the next level by offering his wares on behalf of my cause. I know he as many happy customers and hopefully they will patronize him again so he can enjoy the future returns of his work himself. As things continue to die down, I hope to join the list of customers proud to display his handiwork, but wary to leave it out of their sight!

Frenchy's customers – obviously, Frenchy's beautiful pens would have been of little assistance if no one had stepped forward to purchase them. Many of you who did so had already made an individual donation, but came back to support me yet again.

Financial donors – Literally dozens of you showed amazing spirit in donating to my defense. The thing that humbled me the most was the constant theme of “I'm sorry I couldn't send more”. Over 60 different individuals made contributions of various amounts. Without a doubt this was key to my victory. After finally finding an attorney, I was able to immediately provide him the funds requested to begin the fight. I knew from the beginning that I wanted to fight, but promised my wife I would not put our family in long-term financial hardship to do so. I believe that doing so would have only allowed the Sheriff's decision to affect myself and my family even further. Thank you for removing this hurdle. I know that many of you were unable to be there in person, but I carried the list of names of all those who donated in my shirt pocket. Your spirit was with me.

RWhiteman – Richard jumped into the forum end of this ordeal towards the end, but did so with gusto. He took charge of organizing the events on the day of the hearing, contacted media, and made personal contact with restaurant owners to make them aware we were coming.

Character witnesses – These folks are unknown to the PAFOA community, but served an important purpose. Even though they were never called to testify, they made themselves available to speak on behalf of my character. There are many people who truly know my character, but would not be bold enough to come forward in the midst of such a 'sensational' issue to speak of it. I have personally contacted them to thank them, but do so publicly as well.

Tom Gresham - Tom (guntalk.com) contacted me back at the very beginning offering any assistance he could provide, as well as the opportunity to discuss my situation on the air. I put him off until a ruling was issued, but appreciate that he was willing to get the story out even after it was resolved.

Back when the question of the validity of this story was raised, I sent an e-mail to Pa. Patriot. I made several pledges to you as a community that I could not make public at the time. I asked him to be a keeper of this info, so I could be held accountable. Some of this info has since been made public, but for the record, here are the commitments I made:

*To provide full accountability of the monies received on behalf of my defense, including payments received by mail (limited only by protections of personal info of parties involved)
    *To show receipts, invoices, etc. for any expenses that donated monies are used for, when requested by any party who made a donation.
    *To personally absorb the PayPal fees taken on all donations, so that any monies donated back are for the full amount originally donated.
    *To donate a minimum of $100 to an official fund that may be set up or endorsed by PAFOA. This commitment may take some time to honor, while a fund is set up or chosen, but it will be honored.
    I will use this thread to post the final status of my legal bills and donations when that information is complete, as well as posting links to all applicable legal documents as I am able to get them online. For simplicity, I will continue to add this information to this first post, and bump as necessary to make you aware of any new info.

Thank you again for all that you have done as a community. Many of you have assisted in more than one area. This support will never be forgotten. I pledge that when the next person is in need, I will be there, shoulder to shoulder with all of you, making a difference. I am honored to be part of such an amazing group of people.

Documents related to my case
    Letter of revocation from Sheriff Wollyung
    Petition of Appeal
    Sheriff's Response
    Transcript of Court Hearing
    Court Ruling

Financial disclosures

Below are full details of all monies I received and paid out during my appeal process. Donor names have been removed to protect privacy, but all other data is included. In the way of further clarification, here is how the 'Expense' amounts were determined:
    • Postage - Includes two Certified/Return Receipt items to the Sheriff's office, and mailings to my witnesses done by myself instead of my attorney to save money.
    • Mileage - I was required to make three trips to my attorneys office during the course of the case. This figure was determined by using the actual mileage, distance and price of gas when the trips were made.
    • Public Date Search - Done to acquire the unpublished personal contact info for Constable Gerald Spielman. Done by myself at the suggestion of my attorney, again to save money.

I have very detailed billing statements from my attorney showing which member of his staff performed each task, how long it took them, and the resulting charges. If anyone who donated would like to review these statements, feel free to contact me via PM or e-mail and I will make arrangements for you to see them.

I'm still waiting for PayPal to transfer some funds to my checking account, and still have some personal checks from donors to be cashed. I will update when all remaining donations are consolidated and have been sent to PAFOA. Perhaps Dan will confirm the transfer and verify the amount when it is received.

Last edited by gnbrotz; March 15th, 2008 at 05:25 PM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Default Re: THANK YOU to the PAFOA community

Hey Greg. I will need your address if you can send me a PM, some one bought a pen, and offered i should give you a pen also, its already paid for, was just waiting for things to calm down.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Warren County)

NO, THANK YOU.

Not everyone has the resources or will to fight. I thank you on my behalf and all gun owners.

Edit: I would also like to thank everyone who contributed to the resources, by the time I found this site or about what happened it was all almost over.
    Last edited by J8300; January 12th, 2008 at 10:45 PM.

(Northampton County)

Post Re: THANK YOU to the PAFOA community

Thank YOU! Right back at you. Glad to be a tiny, small piece knitted together with the rest of the group, to help you in your battle. Thanks again.

Plinker
    My dog "Ruger" is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog money.

Pray for our troops....and a little extra for our snipers.

(Luzerne County)

You owe nothing to anyone here, Greg.

As has been stated before, we owe you.

The assistance you received was on our own free will because what was at stake fr you was what was at stake (potentially) fr all of us. Not to mention it was just plain wrong

Thanks again

Let me ask you a Dr Phil question here...

Can you feel the love?
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Susquehanna County)

Congratulations on winning one for the good guy

Thank you

(Westmoreland County)

Thanks Greg! Your ordeal has made everyone aware that it can happen to anyone at any time! But it has also given everyone hope that we can combat the anti gunners AND WIN!!

Thanks for not taking any crap from the man! And thanks to everyone the contributed and gave guidance to help make this right!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

Actually Greg it's I/we that owe you a huge debt of gratitude. You handled yourself with honor and dignity. You didn't back down from a challenge, and you didn't allow yourself to be baited into degrading yourself, your position, or your community. Your friends and family should be proud of you. You my friend are a true patriot......and that other patriot guy .

I'll be looking forward to posts from you that don't involve lawyers and courtrooms.

Edit:

A character flaw. What a joke! We should all have such character!
    Last edited by God's Country; January 12th, 2008 at 11:48 PM.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Fulton County)

Congrats again!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast