Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: LPRGC Sponsor

Default LPRGC Sponsor

Hello all,

I work right down the street from Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club, and would like to join up so that I'll have a place to shoot pistol and some trap/rifle.

The rules require that I attend the general membership meeting that is held the first Tuesday of every month with a sponsor. The next general membership meeting will presumably be the 6th of September.

If anyone is willing and able to attend the meeting and be my sponsor, I'd really appreciate it. Feel free to either PM me or reply on this thread.

Thanks!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: LPRGC Sponsor

From the website

# Find a Sponsor. Any Senior Member in good standing can be your sponsor. If you do not already know a club member to sponsor you, you must find one prior to submitting your application. It is as simple as asking an existing club member, "Would you mind being my sponsor?" This is one of the reasons for arriving an hour before the General Membership Meeting. This time allows you to meet and talk to existing club members.
    It really is that easy. Just get to the meeting early and ask one of the members that might be hanging out in the parking lot or inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post
    It really is that easy. Just get to the meeting early and ask one of the members that might be hanging out in the parking lot or inside.
    Thanks PK. I had read the rules on the site but wasn't sure if it was really that simple.

I'm trying to join in a way that I will be a full fledged member by the time the next membership year rolls around. I think that's either October or November.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa686 View Post
    I'm trying to join in a way that I will be a full fledged member by the time the next membership year rolls around. I think that's either October or November.
    LPRGC membership year begins November 1, and it takes two meetings (with orientation and work party in between) to become a member. If you "sign up" at a gun show (Valley Forge is mid-Sept), you get half off the $100 initiation fee.

Quote Originally Posted by donm View Post
    LPRGC membership year begins November 1, and it takes two meetings (with orientation and work party in between) to become a member. If you "sign up" at a gun show (Valley Forge is mid-Sept), you get half off the $100 initiation fee.
    Thanks for the advice Don! You saved me $50.

I will be:

• Sept. 16th - Signing up at the VF Show
    • Oct. 4th - Coming to 1st General Membership Meeting
    • Oct. 8th - Attending October Work Party
    • Oct. 13th - Coming to October Club Orientation
    • Nov. 1st - Coming to 2nd General Membership Meeting

Looking forward to it. I've been wanting to join somewhere to start learning to shoot competitively.

LPRGC will probably also have a booth at the show at the convention center in Oaks this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by donm View Post
    LPRGC will probably also have a booth at the show at the convention center in Oaks this weekend.
    Don,

Just signed up this weekend at the Oaks show. Paid the initiation fee and Q4 dues. Hope to see you on the 6th for the general membership meeting!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa686 View Post
    Thanks PK. I had read the rules on the site but wasn't sure if it was really that simple.

Yes, it really is that simple.

I think I sponsored a few this past week.

People show up.. .ask for a sponsor, we talk for a few minutes.. what you like to shoot, (rifle, pistol, shotgun, archery...etc) How did you hear about us... chit chat...

All while I'm filling out the paper work (signing name, etc.) I have never had a reason to refuse sponsoring someone.

Quote Originally Posted by marinakorp View Post
    I think I sponsored a few this past week.
    Then I probably saw you there. Got my 1st GM meeting, orientation, and work party all done last week.

Now for the long wait for the 2nd GM meeting.