Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Trust Sample I used

Worked for me - it should work for you. Why beg a CLEO when you can just get it direct from ATF?

Holler back when the stamp comes in and of course pics of the NFA item are required

(Westmoreland County)

Exactly. The trust only took the time to research the legalities and there was no bother from 3rd parties. I believe it is the way to go. I researched online for quite a while and your trust was one of the best I found, so I used it with some other mods and it was good to go. Thanks again!

Here's a shot of a few pistols. Can't wait to put the stock on the AR!

CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

Glad to hear it - I worked on it to make it decent - spent a few hours in the law books - which I enjoy anyway.

So when you get approved, perhaps you will share your work as well and PA residents can avoid the CLEO all together.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Maryland_Shooter View Post
    Glad to hear it - I worked on it to make it decent - spent a few hours in the law books - which I enjoy anyway.

So when you get approved, perhaps you will share your work as well and PA residents can avoid the CLEO all together.
    Yes, I can post mine up when I can confirm it works lol. I didn't have to really change much, the PA laws aren't any tighter, I simply put in a few sentences about the transfer of NFA property only if the person is legally able to own it.

Now the real problems will occur when you want to change the sucessor trustees and such. Do you simply amend the document and have it notarized? Do you need to keep the old document?
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by csementuh View Post
    Yes, I can post mine up when I can confirm it works lol. I didn't have to really change much, the PA laws aren't any tighter, I simply put in a few sentences about the transfer of NFA property only if the person is legally able to own it.

Now the real problems will occur when you want to change the sucessor trustees and such. Do you simply amend the document and have it notarized? Do you need to keep the old document?
    yep = amend and keep the entite thing

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Maryland_Shooter View Post
    yep = amend and keep the entite thing
    Great, thanks! I'll post my 'PA friendly' trust when I get my stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by csementuh View Post
    Great, thanks! I'll post my 'PA friendly' trust when I get my stamp.
    Thanks - you will be providing a useful service to PA shooters with CLEO problems.

(Berks County)

Just went see Joshua Prince today and picked up my trust. It looks like a novel and there is a lot of firearm specific laungage.

(Berks County)

I just want to take a minute and make sure everyone here realizes a few important points. The OP is a non-PA resident, who's not a lawyer, providing a template for a legal document used to create a legal entity whose creation isn't identical from state to state.

The creation of a trust is a relatively big deal, even when its purpose isn't for firearms. It's an even bigger deal when the primary purpose of its creation is for matters pertaining to federal firearms laws, specifically ownership and transfer of heavily regulated items such a automatic weapons, DDs, AOWs, etc.

I don't think I have to tell everyone how serious the federal government is when it comes to Class3/Title II arms. While I don't believe this thread is violating any forum rules given the OP's disclaimer, I do believe it's walking a fine line of armchair lawyering.

I urge everyone here to be EXTREMELY cautious about making use of boilerplate legal documents, especially in the absence of legal counsel. Remember folks, this isn't a game; you screw up, the consequences are very real. Trying to save a buck on the front-end could very well cost you your freedom, your families, and few years of your life.
    Last edited by ChamberedRound; September 2nd, 2011 at 02:19 PM.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Northampton County)

I'd like to add to that.

Just because you think "it works" does not make it valid. I see "it works" too many times in this thread. The ATF approving a Form 1 or Form 4 does not mean your trust is real. They have approved transfers to trusts in the past and later found problems with them. I am not a lawyer but I can guess that if you get in trouble or they decide they want to get you for something they will take a much harder look at the trust.

For whatever it's worth. I'm not qualified or learned enough to know what it is worth, I just simply know enough to know that the risk is not zero.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast