Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: Fleeing Felon Rule?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolff View Post
    No, I got it loud and clear. He said he wants a description and license plate of the vehicle and he wants the authority to open fire on it or run it off the road. Those are his words.

Maybe that's why they don't give people like him authority to do things like that. There's a serious lack of critical thinking going on there. Opening fire on a car with a kid in it? Even if you happen to miss the kid, the car is going to crash when you shoot the driver or run it off the road. You think that'd be good if a kid is in the trunk?
    Ever think that maybe, just maybe there was a slightly sarcastic overtone to that? Maybe just a little? Or do you think War Wagon is out there waiting for his opportunity to spray people with bullets and beat them with tire irons?
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Montgomery County)

No, I got it loud and clear. He said he wants a description and license plate of the vehicle and he wants the authority to open fire on it or run it off the road. Those are his words.

Maybe that's why they don't give people like him authority to do things like that. There's a serious lack of critical thinking going on there. Opening fire on a car with a kid in it? Even if you happen to miss the kid, the car is going to crash when you shoot the driver or run it off the road. You think that'd be good if a kid is in the trunk?
    Fail alert. Fail alert.

(Chester County)

When someone writes in giant letters and uses angry face emoticons, what are we supposed to think? Maybe my sarcasm detector is broken, and if that's the case, I apologize. There's a lot of vigilantism vibes on many gun forums, and this one isn't particularly known for been keen on LEAs and due process. In a medium where we're losing 90+ percent of communication, I think it's important to be very clear about what you're trying to say. What he said was reckless and dangerous, and I don't feel bad for drawing attention to that.

(Montgomery County)

When someone writes in giant letters and uses angry face emoticons, what are we supposed to think? Maybe my sarcasm detector is broken, and if that's the case, I apologize. There's a lot of vigilantism vibes on many gun forums, and this one isn't particularly known for been keen on LEAs and due process. In a medium where we're losing 90+ percent of communication, I think it's important to be very clear about what you're trying to say. What he said was reckless and dangerous, and I don't feel bad for drawing attention to that.
    The vast majority of here are all about due process. Which version of PAFOA are you reading? Have you read any of the Casey Anthony topics on here? I doubt it...

When someone goes out of their way to make what they're saying sound completely outrageous there'sa going chance it's by design. There's nothing reckless or dangerous about anything he said, to be honest. If it was done, that would be reckless and dangerous, sure, but saying it the way he did was pretty safe. Did you get hurt by his post? How could anyone have been hurt by his post? The actions described in the post could be dangerous, yes, but not the post itself.

Yeah, Federal Agents never do anything questionable like intentionally selling to criminals::roll eyes::

(York County)

I have to be honest. I didn't take War Wagons post as being sarcastic. And have to agree with what Wolff is saying.

If anyone else under 1000 rep power would have said that. they would have been flamed with neg rep, and "have a nice time in jail" comments.

If there was an amber alert (with a description), and I seen the perp. Think I would just stay close and call the police. Even if I was carrying a weapon.
    I AM A PROFESSIONAL. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

(Allegheny County)

Cool Re: Fleeing Felon Rule?

Quote Originally Posted by coble View Post
    I have to be honest. I didn't take War Wagons post as being sarcastic. And have to agree with what Wolff is saying.

If anyone else under 1000 rep power would have said that. they would have been flamed with neg rep, and "have a nice time in jail" comments.

If there was an amber alert (with a description), and I seen the perp. Think I would just stay close and call the police. Even if I was carrying a weapon.

Meh... he don't know me very well - do he?

Ain't y'all EVER seen the PROPER way to respond to an Amber alert?

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by coble View Post

I applaud your honestly & bravery!
    Wonderful post & I totally agree!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    I must add that I personally would not shoot a "fleeing felon." That person fleeing may be fleeing the crime, you might have the wrong person. Considering that the fleeing person is not actually posing a threat of life or limb at that moment makes it likely to be prosecuted. Furthermore, I believe that the one rule that will apply in all states of the Union for self defense is using deadly force when one is in immediate fear for his/her life.
    Except in Texas... there you can legally shoot someone who is stealing.

In Texas one defense in a murder charge is the "Did the desceadent need killing?" The accused can be set free if the dead person "had it coming to them". So you have two outs if you shoot a fleeing "felon".

The law and murder defense doesn't pay your legal bills, may not protect you from being sued by survivors, and won't protect you from "payback" or Judgment in a Higher Court before a Judge who knew what you were thinking at the moment.

I'd rather stick to just shooting folks who were trying to kill or maim me or a family member.

Gene

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    This is the WHOLE reason I think Amber alerts are useless.
    WW, don't take this the wrong way, but that post was...almost biploar. And not the medicated kind.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast