Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: California Police Sticking to Guns in Defense of Letting Kids Hold Automatic Weap

Community organizer Attila Nagy, who took the photos, told FoxNews.com that he was concerned it might encourage kids to use guns in the future.

"My main concern is for kids who handle these things. They're fascinated by them, and it makes them familiar with guns," he said.
    And that's bad because we have to ensure that kids are unfamiliar with guns, because ignorance is safety. We need to teach abstinence from firearm handling. Teaching gun safety is effectively telling kids it's OK to go to out and arm themselves with the nearest available gun. OK maybe that is a bit much, but the kids might grow up and own guns and not kill themselves, and we can't have that. Better they grow up afraid and ignorant so that they will know to not own guns. Until they go to the police academy or the military, where guns are OK.

(Northumberland County)

Default Re: California Police Sticking to Guns in Defense of Letting Kids Hold Automatic Weap

Of the memories I recall from my childhood, one sitcks out. My dad took me shooting when i was young, first pistol was a ruger superblackhawk with a scope. After shooting a .44 as an little kid, holy sh!t i new immediately the difference between a real gun and my toy ones. He helped me shoot it but i still managed to crack myself in the head with the scope. Of course it only made my interest grow but i knew the difference between real and fake. Kids do think that they are toys untill they are properly educated. I taught a 4 year old how to shoot .22's, he understood really quick to not take guns as a joke.

These anti-gun people only intensify the mist of firearm lore that they spew to the masses. Teach kids young, teach then how to shoot and the seriousness of firearms. If most anti-gun people really knew how to handle guns they would look at it from a different light, but as we all know anything that goes BOOM is bad their eyes.

I was taught right and wrong at a young age and firearms was a part of that lesson and this is what these officers are trying to accomplish. I say good job to them, atleast someone is trying to give the youth of america an education other than the use of the welfar system.

Quote Originally Posted by B92G View Post
    Of the memories I recall from my childhood, one sitcks out. My dad took me shooting when i was young, first pistol was a ruger superblackhawk with a scope. After shooting a .44 as an little kid, holy sh!t i new immediately the difference between a real gun and my toy ones. He helped me shoot it but i still managed to crack myself in the head with the scope. Of course it only made my interest grow but i knew the difference between real and fake. Kids do think that they are toys untill they are properly educated. I taught a 4 year old how to shoot .22's, he understood really quick to not take guns as a joke.

These anti-gun people only intensify the mist of firearm lore that they spew to the masses. Teach kids young, teach then how to shoot and the seriousness of firearms. If most anti-gun people really knew how to handle guns they would look at it from a different light, but as we all know anything that goes BOOM is bad their eyes.

I was taught right and wrong at a young age and firearms was a part of that lesson and this is what these officers are trying to accomplish. I say good job to them, atleast someone is trying to give the youth of america an education other than the use of the welfar system.

Agree 100%. I was more or less prevented from experiencing such things by my parents. Probably more so from my mom's influence, since my dad was on his HS rifle team. However, I was lucky enough to have a grandfather and uncle to steer me away from that direction.

Unfortunately, many kids get the "firearms are big, scary, evil things" without see the other side. Real tough to break that mold. Still trying o get my sister interested in a range trip with the .22.
    I never sold my right to decide, it was taken from me - Machinae Supremacy

(Bradford County)

Seriously that is just messed up, hell i remember in middle school they brought the national guard to the school, tanks, jeeps, hummers, GUNS, all sorts of stuff that you could get a familiarization with. Guns are not dangerous, it is all on how they are handled that make them dangerous. Nothing more, nothing less, and i for one have made sure my kids know the ins and outs and the do's and don'ts.

(Wayne County)

Let me be very clear when I say this.

I would NOT let my children touch a machine gun. EVER!!!!

Unless I got to touch it first.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Westmoreland County)

But the department's response hasn't convinced everyone. One woman, Elaine Holtz, was so concerned by the SWAT team's weapons that she approached the police officer at the community event and asked what was going on.

"I would not want my child to be involved with something like that... Those guns, they should have been behind glass -- to teach the kids that you don't want to deal with this gun, because it kills." Holtz told FoxNews.com.

"I am coming from the heart of a woman, a mother, a grandmother," she added.

Wonder how many people those guns "killed" at this event, Ms. Holtz? Must have been a bloodbath by the way you carried on.

Jeff Cooper was right - people who hate firearms have something wrong with their wiring.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    I think the California Police Department is getting exactly what the created in a mistrustful public. Demonize guns during raids, parade them with drugs on tables, and create an image that guns are bad long enough, people actually believe the lies, so eat Crow Cali PD. Assholes.

CL
    I'm sure that some police in CA feel that way. I'm even more sure that most California politicians feel that way and those politicians are the folks who give the Police both their marching orders and the latitude to "demonize guns". These politicians probably also make damn sure that the cops who hate guns are the ones who get into the upper ranks of California Law Enforcement.

Some police are pretty cool about firearms and civilian ownership of them. We shouldn't lump all police together.

I'm not as charitable with California politicians... especially the ones who get sent to DC. They're often capable of the most amazing "logic", if you want to call it that.

(Northampton County)

This is completely stupid. I have no problem with CA PD allowing kids toplay with verified unloaded (preferably dissabled) full-auto firearms versus letting them play with semi-auto or bolt action firearms.

I have photos of very young children in foreign countries that me and my good friends piled hundreds of pounds of machineguns and ammo onto for photo ops. The kids smiled ear-to-ear, we gave their parents 6 months pay in US cash to kill a few chickens and make us dinner, and we screwed the living crap out of their older sisters (just kidding). They were VERY pleased that we came and probably not too upset that we left.

(Adams County)

They can send the guns to me and I'll be happy to let my children handle them safely.

I'll send them back when I'm done. And I'll be done when I shed this mortal coil

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12