Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default moved away from Stroudsburg, family is still there, tell me about crime

So I lived in East Stroudsburg from 2001 - 2007, met my wife at the Sarah Street Grill, both my first pistol in Dunklebergers, wondered what was wrong with that loud guy in Weavers etc!

I sold my house in Blue Mountain Lake in 2007, and can you believe it, still made a profit!
    Since then I've moved out west to Southern California (Orange County), while its a bit Stepford Wifesy, its really really safe clean and family friendly.

My wife is back in East Burg visiting her parents with the kids and shes telling me that the town seems to be falling apart, getting dirty and full of what she terms, non taxpayers.

How bad is it getting? I've been trying to get my in-laws to move out here with us, I need some ammo.....

Default Re: moved away from Stroudsburg, family is still there, tell me about crime

oh boy are you gonna hear it...Kalifornia......
    FJB

(Chester County)

Default Re: moved away from Stroudsburg, family is still there, tell me about crime

Quote Originally Posted by harmoniums View Post
    So I lived in East Stroudsburg from 2001 - 2007, met my wife at the Sarah Street Grill, both my first pistol in Dunklebergers, wondered what was wrong with that loud guy in Weavers etc!

I sold my house in Blue Mountain Lake in 2007, and can you believe it, still made a profit!
    Since then I've moved out west to Southern California (Orange County), while its a bit Stepford Wifesy, its really really safe clean and family friendly.

My wife is back in East Burg visiting her parents with the kids and shes telling me that the town seems to be falling apart, getting dirty and full of what she terms, non taxpayers.

How bad is it getting? I've been trying to get my in-laws to move out here with us, I need some ammo.....
    Why do you still list your location as Stroudsburg, Pa. when you no longer live there? Just curious.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Monroe County)

its not as bad as Kalifornia yet
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Way late on the post... Well some parts of town got very dark. Some parts were getting run down but lately they have been rebuilding and fixing things. Depending where exactly they live will determine say the "crime" for the area. If you could be a bit more specific I could help further.

(Monroe County)

From 07 till now not much change in town. Lot's of people headed back east. In town was never great and that goes back to 1993 when my kids went to college there.