Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default CC Recommendations

I am also going to post this in Pistols -

I am new to CC and am trying to narrow down a gun choice. I am looking at either a "pocket gun", Kahr P380 or Sig P238 or a larger Kahr CM9 / PM9 or a Glock 26.

Want to make sure it is small enough that I will carry it, I sometimes dress in business clothes and need to tuck in a shirt. The rest of the time it's either a T shirt or sweatshirt untucked.

I like the form factor of the Kahr's, some say they are problematic with FTF / FTE. The SIG P 238 gets pretty good reviews, but it is SA only. The Glock is the Glock, but it is the largest of the bunch and would seem to be the hardest to conceal.

Thoughts?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: CC Recommendations

I CC and OC my Gen 1 Glock 19.

My CC pistol is a Sig P232. It is DA/SA, and I can still fit it into my front pocket in a Galco pocket holster. Dockers Khakis pants (pleated) have large pockets, and the Sig can fit well in the front pockets. My Wrangler Jeans are also pockets that are just large enough for the Sig P232.

For deep concealment, you can get a Galco Tuck N' Go, which is an IWB holster that allows you to tuck your shirt inside. It's a good option in addition to pocket carry.

Have a look at the Walther PPS and the Ruger SR9 as well, especially if you prefer the 9mm over the 380. In my opinion, thickness and weight of the gun are very important factors when pocket carrying (assuming the overall length is short enough). Glocks are somewhat thick, so try it out before you purchase.

I'm very please with my Sig P232; adequate firepower (7+1), slim and lightweight. Looks cool too.

Good luck with your decision.

(Delaware County)

I am still very green in CC have been for only about 1.5 months. I my G19 IWB holster from GOTE. I opted for this one over the super tuck mainly because I did not want the leather against my skin (personal issue). It is a very comfortable and functional holster. Have run around with it no issues and on the hot hot days it is still very comfortable.

But I think i would still like to try the Crossbreed. Clips may be slightly longer allowing for a better shirt tuck but not really sure.

(Tioga County)

You have two threads on the same subject.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/14...endations.html
    MikeP

(York County)

Ruger SR-40 with a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB Holster is the only proper way to CC. That's what I do so there's your answer. I know that there will be many other opinions on here but that's because that's not how they carry.

Sorry for the slight humor. You have to really decide on your own but also listen to all of the opinions you will receive here because these opinions will definately give you some ideas.

My rig that I carry that I mentioned above. I have no problem carrying it on my side every day. I was worried as well when I started the process of doing this if I would carry it but once you begin there's no going back. I am going to purchase the new Ruger SR-40c in the near future, but that is not because I don't like carrying the full size model. I feel that I will switch back and forth and possibly at times, carry both.

Good Luck on your decisions and welcome to the CC world.

(Allegheny County)

I have the LCP with the CT laser and DeSantis Nemisis pocket holster and its my daily carry gun.

My next gun purchase will be some sort of Kahr either the P9 or CW9.

Pocket guns will definatly take more training to get proficient because of there size vs some of the larger ones like the LC9, Kahr, Walther PPS or Kel-Tec PF9.

The LCP will still be my primary firearm and ill carry the Kahr either IWB or OWB with a concealment garment when possiable.

If I feel that I have to take my S&W M&P 40 FS with me. I should reconsider where im going and why.

(Northampton County)

I carry a LCP due to the light weight and my son has a LC9. Both great CC weapons.

(Montgomery County)

Honestly, concealing a firearm is not as hard as you would imagine... im small framed and can easily conceal a 5" 1911 or 4" XD 45 compact in a suit.
    that said, my suggestion to you would either be the Glock 36, 26, or 27 depending on your caliber preference. Im carrying a Glock36 right now in a Comp-Tac Spartan holster, and it is invisable even with a size small shirt on.

(Montgomery County)

CC guns are a very personal choice. You'll get many, many differing opinions on what's best.
    None are perfect, right, or wrong. They are just an individuals' opinion.

Want to make sure it is small enough that I will carry it, I sometimes dress in business clothes and need to tuck in a shirt. The rest of the time it's either a T shirt or sweatshirt untucked.
    My choice for a gun that you can always carry no matter what you are wearing is a Kahr PM9.

It's small, light weight, double action only, and chambered in 9mm (what I consider the minimal self defense caliber).

It carries very comfortably in a DeSantis Apache Ankle rig.

It slips easily into my front pocket and doesn't feel like I have a brick flapping around in it.

It carries very nicely in a Smart Carry for deep concealment when needing to get it into a place that does pat downs (stadiums ), or when I'm wearing soccer style shorts without belt loops.

It carries very easily in an IWB holster (R.Grizzle Southern Sidekick), even with the beginnings of "love handles"

I consider the PM9 like a 9mm pocket knife.

When I'm able to dress around a gun a little easier, I always choose to carry either a Sig P239 or P229.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast