Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default is Red jacket as fake as the tv show?

The show is kinda fun to watch, until they assault your intelligence with the retarded concepts and deployment of the shit they "design".
    I know that TV is supposed to be fake and entertaining, but wouldnt it be more fun to see the garbage they make actually do something real, rather than make fake hollywood explosions?
    With that said, I see guns for sale on the net made by Red Jacket. Is that a sales tactic that is employed by them to sell regular guns, or do they actually do something other than make bad TV actors?

(Bucks County)

Default Re: is Red jacket as fake as the tv show?

I think they are a legitimate business that deals in NFA firearms, and they took advantage of a business opportunity to make a TV show. Then they were bound by a contract to follow orders from a producer for said TV show. It's just business. Wouldn't you do the same if you had the chance? They are probably making millions.

(Allegheny County)

From what I've read Red Jacket was and is known for the quality of their work especially in AK builds and Saiga conversions. But of course they have to "Hollywood" up the show. How long would you watch them building AKs, know what I mean?

They look legitimate to me...

According to my last American Rifleman issue, Red Jacket was started in 1999. He made his mark selling Saiga AK's.

So no, they are legit.
    Hold the Line...

Silenced shotgun? Silenced Mk-19 (WTHolyF!?!?)? I like the M-16 turret for some mysterious "spec ops contractor" and the builds that "will be keeping out boys safe over there." Riiiight. Aside from the show being a complete joke (Yo, I gots to get me a thousand yard AK!) it seems as if they do have some sort of legitimate business going on. Sad to see it bastardized though.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Lycoming County)

as far as the fake hollywood explosions, i think they are just using tannerite. we use it alot to make the range a little more fun. nothing beats 3lbs of tannerite in an old freezer

I agree with the OP. A few years ago I was looking to have my Saiga 12 SBS. I got in touch with Red Jacket and spoke to Will on the phone. I couldn't understand anything he was saying over the phone. My first thought was...if I cannot understand what he's saying on the phone, I sure wasn't going to send him any of my money.

I ended up talking to Tony Rumore...who happens to be the mentor for Will. I liked how Tony conducted himself and I sent my Saiga 12 to Tromix. I couldn't have been happier with my decision.

That being said, I like watching Sons of Guns for entertainment, but the show does make it seem that those guys are a bunch of dumb hicks. Heck look at that guy Joe...they "Hollywood" his stupid facial hair.

The show itself is pretty insulting to anyone that knows anything about firearms. The show comes off as RJ is the "first" at designing X or Y weapon.

I just love the "AK sniper" show where they had some cheap BSA looking scope and they guys in the shop were "impressed" with the optic...c'mon REALLY???

The show makes true gunsmiths look bad. I just could not imagine GAP selling out like the people at RJ have done.

Yeah, that silenced grenade launcher is a solution looking for a problem to solve. I seriously doubt that the guest (who managed to hide his smirking reaction to each Pronouncement From Will) has an actual department in mind, willing to spend $20K on a finicky launcher, when they can undoubtedly pick up some surplus M-79's or M-203's for free from Uncle Sam. Maybe they need a selective-fire, belt-fed 40mm grenade launcher for traffic control. Or to serve warrants on people who build mother-in-law suites without a current Building Permit.

About the only think I believed in that episode was that one of the shop monkeys actually did manage to cut himself.

I also thought that the exploding shed was completely unrelated to anything launched from that weapon. It was a typical Hollywood explosion, centered INSIDE the structure, and a lot of flame that you generally wouldn't see from a 40mm round.

But since they also managed to get the blue chalk practice rounds to blow up, I suppose that genius Will can do just about anything.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Butler County)

Yea, I agree the show has to hollywood and such, after all its TV. But like gunlawyer said, I would have preferred to see that shed blow up from the weapon, not a fake hollywood explosion, but I guess the film crew could have wound up filming all day till one of those idiots actually hit the shed.
    But as I mentioned, I was curious about the guns they sell, and It seems they are a legit gunsmith.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast