Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Default Re: is Red jacket as fake as the tv show?

Initially, I kind of liked the show. Lately, I hate it. I lost what little respect for RJ that I had left when they producted that abomination of a handlebar gun with the chrome and horrendous paint job (and did you see that barrel?). Also, a silenced grenade launcher? Really? I can't imagine that anybody using a grenade launcher is going to be terribly concerned about keeping their location a secret. I doubt that I'll be watching this show any longer.

(Monroe County)

I'm apparently just a dumbass, personally I love the show. Do I think some of the stuff they do is just over the top? yup... do I enjoy it? yup :P

The gernade launcher was cool... do I think there will be a police use for it? yes, yes I do. and I have a feeling there are departments already lining up for it... anyone remember the NC police force that got a Bradly with a .50 BMG M2 on it?

Also really dig some of the "out there" stuff, its like all the rest of the shows, if I wanted to watch someone assemble an AR I'd watch some youtube videos... watching someone assemble something cool like 4 MG42s chained together? thats just cool :P

as for the explosions, why not? its TV. I love watching shit explode... win :P
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Chester County)

I'm losing interest in the show... Meh...
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Indiana County)

I've said it before, backwoods rubes in a Bronco leftover from an old A-team episode acting like a bunch of idiots.

Will making his employees clean up his dogs shit is enough for me to never consider buying a single rivet from them let alone a weapon.
    That guy is lower than the crap he forces his workers to clean up IMO.

Calling in "experts" from another state to build a .50 Cal shows me what kind of "experts" they are.

Good luck to them and their exploits, Will is a class A ass and more power to those that are lining his pockets with their cash.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by customloaded View Post
    I've caught a few glimpses of a couple shows and I must say, I'm very concerned that American Civilian Law Enforcement would actually pay money to have some the weapons they want built.

<snip>

So, how much of this show is real or fake, I don't know but my opinion of civilain law enforcement decreases when I see supposed officers/departmental management ordering specially made weapons that serve no true purpose in law enforcement. A MK-19 does not, in my opinion, serve any good purpose for American Civilian Law Enforcement.

CL
    Well, neither do all the other neat toys that some PDs buy - "because they can".

They have the money - from us taxpayers - and the NFA laws on their side.

These PDs could be watching their budgets buying USA-made guns, but when the few guys on the Hooterville PD can spend other peeps money to outfit themselves with high-speed/low-drag H&K goodies.. well, what do you expect?
    I have friends that love selling into that market of neo-operators, professionals, contractors, SWAT-wannabees, and whatever else they fashion themselves as on someone else's money.

As for "operators in the A-stan" popping in on Will's operation that one episode.. met a real low-profile "pro" the other day. You never would have known it; they don't call attention to themselves. At least the smart ones don't. As we said in high-school; doers don't talk, talkers don't do.

RJ is a legit operation and has been assembling AKs for years; Atlantic used to sell them, may still do. Yes, watching greasy mechanics grinding on SAIGAs all day would be boring. Once a week they all put on their RJ-tees, Steph washes her hair, packs on the eye makeup and they all ham for the cams.

No need to hate them for that - it's Hollyweird.

I only wish that Will and crew would take every opportunity to say something on camera about the erosion of 2A rights around the USA like he does with his legal and safety pitch of don't to try this at home crap.
    Maybe a statement every show about all the US CL3 business and employees put out of work due to the '86 ban and how his operation remains building replicas.

Make the 'effin statement Will - you have an audience.

Who knows, maybe he does and it hits the edit room floor.

All I know is that in the Orange Cty show, he could've made a statement on camera to the OC guys to the effect that "too bad NY state lost their 2A rights that once allowed them to own the kinds of guns RJ builds.

Enjoy the show for what it is - entertainment. It could be worse; it could be TORTURE watching the show.. from your living room in CT, Mass, Cali, NY, NJ, MI, Ill. That would be inhumane.

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Well, neither do all the other neat toys that some PDs buy - "because they can".

They have the money - from us taxpayers - and the NFA laws on their side.

These PDs could be watching their budgets buying USA-made guns, but when the few guys on the Hooterville PD can spend other peeps money to outfit themselves with high-speed/low-drag H&K goodies.. well, what do you expect?
    I have friends that love selling into that market of neo-operators, professionals, contractors, SWAT-wannabees, and whatever else they fashion themselves as on someone else's money.
    I wish I could transfer all of my rep points to you with one button push.

In the first episode which I watched, some out of shape small town sheriff with a whopper belly waddled in to the show room and purchased, I think, around a dozen Saiga 12 masterkey fabrications and the rifles they were paired with.

Will named off some stratospheric number, the sheriff agreed instantly without batting an eye.

But lets tell the truth. Those weapons were purchased to blow the doors off of the homes of American citizens at 3am, so that department can seize even more drug funds and buy more tacticool trinkets. It was like watching a fan man buy a can opener so he could open up a bigger can of overtime.
    Last edited by ForwardAssist; August 20th, 2011 at 10:18 AM.

"X is what percentage of Y?" Divide the first number by the second, multiply the answer by 100. Add a percent sign. Think.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForwardAssist View Post
    I wish I could transfer all of my rep points to you with one button push.

In the first episode which I watched, some out of shape small town sheriff with a whopper belly waddled in to the show room and purchased, I think, around a dozen Saiga 12 masterkey fabrications and the rifles they were paired with.

Will named off some stratospheric number, the sheriff agreed instantly without batting an eye.
    Honestly, I think much of that "negotiation" is done just for the camera. I don't know of any police chief that would actually just do what that guy did on the show, regardless if he was getting federal money. All the chief's that I know watch their budget very closely because they know that the following year they might not have that money. This is particularly true in small town departments, like Barney Fife there in that episode.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Philadelphia County)

I don't watch that show but I think it serves a good cause. It might just educate people on firearms as in making them OK, that there's nothing inherently evil about them and that you can have a ton of fun "playing" with them.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLom View Post
    I don't watch that show but I think it serves a good cause. It might just educate people on firearms as in making them OK, that there's nothing inherently evil about them and that you can have a ton of fun "playing" with them.
    Watch the show then come back and comment. It is a show about a Gun shop owner and his employees and his daughter.

Not so much about the guns.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Watch the show then come back and comment. It is a show about a Gun shop owner and his employees and his daughter.

Not so much about the guns.
    Ya know, I've watched a lot of the gun shows on the OUTCH (Outdoor Channel, but Comcast lists it as OUTCH), and I don't think you could find a more dry and boring group of shows. The guy in the brown shirt, buttoned up to his neck, geez, can you be any more boring?

While I always enjoy watching Dr. Atwater discuss firearms, most of the hosts of those other shows could bore the paint off of boats. I agree, this show isn't about guns, it's about the people, with a bunch of prepackaged drama built in. Did we really need to see the guy complaining about his paycheck being wrong?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast