Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Re: is Red jacket as fake as the tv show?

there are a bunch of things that drive me nuts about the show that have already been pointed out...but how can a shop full of guys not know where to buy ammo?? they acted like they had to hand make the brass for the 20mm they shot last night. there are plenty of 20mm rounds for sale on gunbroker and im sure other places. more drama for TV i suppose...

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by cellboothmgr View Post
    there are a bunch of things that drive me nuts about the show that have already been pointed out...but how can a shop full of guys not know where to buy ammo?? they acted like they had to hand make the brass for the 20mm they shot last night. there are plenty of 20mm rounds for sale on gunbroker and im sure other places. more drama for TV i suppose...
    While I was watching that episode, I Googled '20mm lahti ammo' and the very first search result had them in stock. I didn't even search any further.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by max384 View Post
    While I was watching that episode, I Googled '20mm lahti ammo' and the very first search result had them in stock. I didn't even search any further.
    It's hard to google for stuff when you spell everything with a southern accent.

I couldn't even make out they were saying Lahti for the longest time. I didn't recognize the gun and thought they said Maadi each time.

Did any else think it's fucking stupid to put a non-lethal and a lethal weapon together? What happens in the heat of things, the guy thinks he's pulling the trigger on the tazer and drops the guy with a 12gauge slug? That thing seemed more like an fugly liability than something actually useful.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    It's hard to google for stuff when you spell everything with a southern accent.

I couldn't even make out they were saying Lahti for the longest time. I didn't recognize the gun and thought they said Maadi each time.

Did any else think it's fucking stupid to put a non-lethal and a lethal weapon together? What happens in the heat of things, the guy thinks he's pulling the trigger on the tazer and drops the guy with a 12gauge slug? That thing seemed more like an fugly liability than something actually useful.
    I got a kick out of the taser mount.

On an other forum someone pointed out that when she shot the DE that you could catch a glimpse Of a berretta 92 in her hand.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I got a kick out of the taser mount.

On an other forum someone pointed out that when she shot the DE that you could catch a glimpse Of a berretta 92 in her hand.
    I didn't catch that, but the hole they showed in the target was about a 9mm hole, while when she shot it with fugly useless shoulder stock the holes were much bigger.

(Westmoreland County)

the lahti does not use your typical 20mm vulcan ammo, it's an oddball round.

one thing that annoys me about the show, is how they claim, or imply, that they have invented something, when really nothing they have made is new. they act like the 12ga suppressor is some new innovative idea, when europeans have been using them for 50 years or more.

that being said, i don't let it ruin the show for me, and the work they do is high quality

(Lancaster County)

Next week on Sons of Guns: The team builds a combination Cross Bow, Saiga Semi-Auto Shotgun Trebuchet, and an employee gets caught feeling up the bosses daughter.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Next week on Sons of Guns: The team builds a combination Cross Bow, Saiga Semi-Auto Shotgun Trebuchet, and an employee gets caught feeling up the bosses daughter.
    That is almost believable. But it will need a suppressed flame thrower.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Butler County)

yeah, i had no idea they were saying lahti until i googled it...which, like max said, the first link had them.

i wasnt sure if the lahti was the same as the vulcan as ive seen 20mm vulcan ammo all over the place.

as streaker points out...could you imagine the lawsuits that will come out of 'taser taser taser....*pulls 12ga trigger'....i think mossberg makes a 12ga that shoots a taser only projectile and its painted bright yellow so you know you arent going to kill someone.

i cant wait till the 12 gauge gattling gun, that actually could be cool. i wonder if they could put a taser on that??

(Butler County)

I completely stopped watching it. I like guns, and explosions, so I will just watch the mythbusters for either/or. I cringe when I read the show titles for each episode as they are listed, like last nights, Sons.of.Guns.S02E07.The.Taser.Shotgun.

I just cant...........I cant........

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast