Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: New guy needs help in Kennett Square area

Quote Originally Posted by Lazydog View Post
    I have an issue with any range that stipulates what originations you have to be a member of in order to join their club. This is why I am not a member there.
    Care to expand on this statement?

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    Probally that NRA thing they like to see?
    I talk jibberoush. pay attention.

(Lackawanna County)

nra has powerful provocation good & bad.

you see an nra bumper sticker as a person on this forum, im sure you immediately presume that driver is packing!

you see a sunoco bumper sticker well you prolly dont really care

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by donm View Post
    ...she should consider taking her carry gun to an FFL to "transfer" it to herself...

As far as I'm concerned, having firearms noted on as few government lists as possible (ideally none) is desirable. If they don't know the law(s), and they take illegal actions which require you to retain legal counsel to secure the return of your property, then that just gives you more things to sue them for.

Again, as you yourself stated, the firearm registry kept by the PSP is illegal; Why should someone go out of their way to assist the PSP in illegal conduct?

Back to the OP; I'm not sure what the DOH has to say about carriage of firearms by Hospital personnel, but my brother has told me more times than I can count that a Commonwealth agency has decided to forbid EMS practitioners from carrying firearms while on-duty. I'm not entirely sure where the regulation can be found (may well be in the als and/or bls protocols), and thus I'm not sure exactly who it intends to cover, but it's something that's worth looking into in more detail.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    Yeah, I don't care to be told I have to be a member of or willing to join the NRA. This might be a stipulation from the NRA if the range still wants them to help in fighting the locals. You are aware that the locals tried to get the range shut down a while back and the range turned to the NRA for help.

Quote Originally Posted by moonclip View Post
    you see an nra bumper sticker as a person on this forum, im sure you immediately presume that driver is packing!
    No I do not. I am sure the NRA likes you to think this though. Most members of the NRA are hunters and could care lees about your right to carry a firearm as long as they can go hunting. The NRA sticks up for those members and will bend you over at ever opportunity to keep the hunts happy. It is not about keeping your second amendment rights as much is it is about keeping the money flowing in.
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

(Chester County)

as much as it pains me to suggest that isn't that far from Targetmaster

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazydog View Post
    Yeah, I don't care to be told I have to be a member of or willing to join the NRA. This might be a stipulation from the NRA if the range still wants them to help in fighting the locals. You are aware that the locals tried to get the range shut down a while back and the range turned to the NRA for help.

No I do not. I am sure the NRA likes you to think this though. Most members of the NRA are hunters and could care lees about your right to carry a firearm as long as they can go hunting. The NRA sticks up for those members and will bend you over at ever opportunity to keep the hunts happy. It is not about keeping your second amendment rights as much is it is about keeping the money flowing in.
    I'm familiar with the history of people trying to have the club shut down but I wasn't aware that they turned to the NRA for backing. If the NRA did back them and saved the club then I can see why they want people to be members of that organization. I personally have no major issues with the NRA but like all organizations, they're not perfect and things could be improved. On the whole, I think they do benefit the firearms community but that's my own personal opinion and I'm sure there are folks that would argue that. Aside from the NRA membership requirement, I think the club has a lot to offer and are constantly improving the club.

(Chester County)

I was emailed this thread... So if I can be of help just let me know via PM. I live in Kennett Square and shoot out at Atglen.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by John in WYO View Post
    Evening gents.

As you probably notice, I'm not a PA resident.

I've got a friend here in WYO whose daughter just started Doctoring at a hospital in Philadelpia. She and her husband just moved to Kennett Square.

She's a darn smart kid, same age as my oldest daughter (early 30's) and is well on her way to doing good things for people in need of her medical skills.

Her father is interested in finding her some GOOD handgun training and getting her handguns transferred from WY to PA. He's willing to fund it all.

I've spent time with her with her S&W 3913 and some .22 semi-autos here in WYO. She's been in Chicago the last few years honing her skills in ER's. She's very analytical and deeply interested in learning, but just flat hasn't had the time during her residency programs to take any handgun courses.

If anyone here can help with:

1. receiving handguns via FFL for transfer;
    2. recommending GOOD training, not just safety, but tactics as well;

I'd appreciate a PM or response here.

You'll be doing your area a favor as a good doctor is darn important, a lot more important than some thug hanging around the hospital parking lot looking for an easy target. We want to give her the ability to stay around and do good things for the future.

This gal is SHARP and doesn't have a "holier than thou attitude", either.

I'd really appreciate some help here.
    Thanks lots.

John in WYO

"It ain't lion hunting unless you get stitches" - John in WYO
    I live near Kennet Square and will be glad to help. My cel 484-786-3197

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12