Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st Post

(Delaware County)

Lightbulb 1st Post

Hi,

I just moved to PA from CA. I had a couple of questions about the CCW process.

I found the forms on the website. It just says to bring the documents to the office but it doesn't say what the hours are or what days they are open. I assume it would be too good to be true that the office is open on Saturday?

Do you know if the references need to live in PA? If so do they have to live in Delaware county? The form doesn't say. I'm new here so that might be an issue for me.

I had a CCW in CA and we could only have 3 guns on the permit. Is it the same here or are there no limits?

On an un-related question.....are there any 800-1k yard rifle ranges around here?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks for your help.

Default Re: 1st Post

Welcome!
    Media Pa courthouse offices should be open 9-5 Monday - Friday, Go in the front door and hang a right for the Sherifs Department
    No limits on number of weapons except the boundaries of your wallet. Locked and loaded concealed carry, L&L Open carry allowed too.
    As for the shooting ranges, Youll have to go further out than Delco for that
    Read up on the sticky subjects and recommendations
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by tikifrei View Post
    Hi,

I just moved to PA from CA. I had a couple of questions about the CCW process.

I found the forms on the website. It just says to bring the documents to the office but it doesn't say what the hours are or what days they are open. I assume it would be too good to be true that the office is open on Saturday?

Do you know if the references need to live in PA? If so do they have to live in Delaware county? The form doesn't say. I'm new here so that might be an issue for me.

I had a CCW in CA and we could only have 3 guns on the permit. Is it the same here or are there no limits?

On an un-related question.....are there any 800-1k yard rifle ranges around here?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks for your help.
    It is not a ccw, it is an ltcf. That needed to be pointed out because you will get a lot of grief on the forum from some people about that.
    The sheriff's office is open on some Saturdays. I lost the list but you can call and they will tell you which ones. They also have late hours on some Mondays.
    It dosen't matter where your refs live.
    You can have as many guns as you want in Pa. You do not need any kind of licence or permit to own guns.
    I don't know of any long range ranges.
    I suggest you spend a lot of time on this forum and gather as much info as you can about guns and ownership paying extra attention to the gun laws of our state.
    Welcome to the forum and Delaware county. Where did you move to in the county?
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

Thanks for the info. Yeah I have a lot of reading to do. I just found this site.

Ah yes....license to carry firearms....says it right on the app. Got it

I'm living in Wayne right now but I work in Philadelphia.

(Delaware County)

Duh, it says Wayne right on you info.
    I work in Philly also. This forum is full of great info about Pa.'s gun laws. I have been here since February and have increased my knowledge 10 fold.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by tikifrei View Post

Nothing around here that goes out that far. Atglen Sportsmen's Club is in Chester County and goes out to 500 Meters. I know a few guys at DCFS who shoot highpower silhouette there. It's probably the longest range within an hour's drive of Delco. They're sold out of memberships right now.

http://www.atglensportsmensclub.org/index.asp

Welcome aboard! You will find this site to be a valuable tool for all kinds of information. I know that I do already and I have been here less than a year.

(Delaware County)

Unlike CA. you do not have your pistols register to you ccw. you can carry any one of your pistole that you want with a pa LTCF . if you get a new one just go head and carry it no need to call the sheriff and have a old on removed and the new one added

Welcome to my commonwealth (yes I own it ) glade to have you on board. you may also buy your self a 50 cal if you like but you can not carry it

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by fats429 View Post
    Unlike CA. you do not have your pistols register to you ccw. you can carry any one of your pistole that you want with a pa LTCF . if you get a new one just go head and carry it no need to call the sheriff and have a old on removed and the new one added

Welcome to my commonwealth (yes I own it ) glade to have you on board. you may also buy your self a 50 cal if you like but you can not carry it
    I am not clear as to why he can't carry it.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by fats429 View Post

Why not? (aside from the fact the damn thing weighs a friggn ton )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast