Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st Post

(Delaware County)

Default Re: 1st Post

As far as long range rifle shooting. I think New Holland rifle & pistol has a 600yd range.
    If your looking for something closer near by, Delaware County Field & Stream is an option.
    Come out Sept 24th, and bring the family. National hunting and fishing day. Open to the public. You can look around at what we have.
    You'll like Pa., we believe in the 2nd amendment.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

Welcome to Wayne! I just moved here a few months ago myself. It's a bit daunting to suddenly have to learn a whole new set of laws, so if you have any more questions please feel free to post them up.

Both of my references for the LTCF were out-of-state (Indiana). They didn't say a word. The only thing they gave me grief over was that the day I got my temporary DL, I also applied for my LTCF. I just had to bring in my DL that they mail you when you go to pick up your LTCF.

The Courthouse IS open on select Saturdays and is open late on select Mondays. I wouldn't recommend the Saturday option---you have to walk around to the back, and the weekend officers they had there were idiots.

I OC everywhere I go, and I've yet to have a single issue. I'll get the occassional person who will practically run away from me in WalMart, but hey, it's WalMart

(Montgomery County)

Dude, welcome to PA. I use to live in Los Angeles. You will find the laws here are amazing.

Suggest you go buy an AR-15 with a Beta-C mag, then a pistol with over a 10 round mag. No 1 gun a month rule or mag limit

Hope to see you around in Wayne at wawa or Manilas
    Speaking of which, since it's Wayne, i think all us Wayne folk should meet at Manilas one day.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by coppery View Post
    Dude, welcome to PA. I use to live in Los Angeles. You will find the laws here are amazing.

Suggest you go buy an AR-15 with a Beta-C mag, then a pistol with over a 10 round mag. No 1 gun a month rule or mag limit

Hope to see you around in Wayne at wawa or Manilas
    Speaking of which, since it's Wayne, i think all us Wayne folk should meet at Manilas one day.
    How do you think the folks that run Minella's will feel about a bunch of guys with guns sliding in the door for breakfast? Or for that matter, the snooty Main Line clientele?

Might be kind of amusing actually. Also, some Radnor police (At least according to a couple posts here) are not carry friendly. NEed to keep that in mind, too.

But still, a PAFOA Saturday or Sunday breakfast club might be a blast. Breakfast, then caravan down to Targetmaster for some entertainment.

D

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by dm_n_stuff View Post
    How do you think the folks that run Minella's will feel about a bunch of guys with guns sliding in the door for breakfast? Or for that matter, the snooty Main Line clientele?

Might be kind of amusing actually. Also, some Radnor police (At least according to a couple posts here) are not carry friendly. NEed to keep that in mind, too.

But still, a PAFOA Saturday or Sunday breakfast club might be a blast. Breakfast, then caravan down to Targetmaster for some entertainment.

D
    i guess we can ask a day ahead before we do it, just to avoid commotion from the staff.

as for the sheeple. let them be, besides people around here need exposure and learn the rights we, and they have

(Delaware County)

Thanks for all the help! I have a couple of AR lowers that need to be built. I also feel my G19 needs some normal cap mags.....the 10 rounders need to gather some cobwebs

I almost bought a 50cal right before they banned them in CA. Luckily I didn't....it would have been an impulse purchase....a very cool impulse purchase but one just the same. So many toys....too little money. haha And Mrs tiki just doesn't understand how the safe has so much stuff in it now....lol.

I'm open to a meet and greet in Wayne. You may have already seen me---the wife and I take walks down the Main Line frequently and I OC an MP9. Haven't had an issue yet, and if I do, I'll deal with it appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by tikifrei View Post
    ... Mrs tiki just doesn't understand how the safe has so much stuff in it now....lol.
    Get a bigger safe and then it would not look like as much stuff...

until that one starts to fill up!

Welcome to PA and much more gun-owning freedom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12