Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Sig P239 9mm Opinions ?

Been looking at this gun long and hard ... Thinking about picking one up .. They sure hold their value and seem like a real quality firearm ..

Thanks Brian

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Sig P239 9mm Opinions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raystown View Post
    Been looking at this gun long and hard ... Thinking about picking one up .. They sure hold their value and seem like a real quality firearm ..

Thanks Brian
    I looked into the Sig P239 heavily when I was looking for a single stack 9mm that was thin for CC.

A thin width was the main priority. 15 years ago the Sig P239 might have fit the bill, but now there are thinner single stack 9mm handguns on the market e.g. the Kahr line, Walther PPS, Kel-Tec PF9, ect.

Sig is known for there quality and I doubt you would be disappointed.

If I where getting a Sig itwould probiably one of the 22X pistols in double stack full size for HD or range use.

(Bucks County)

I looked at the Walther PPS .. Just didn't feel right in my hand .. kinda box'y .. I was impressed with the Ruger SR9C .. My buddy just bought one and he really likes it .. I am down to either the Sig P239 or the Ruger SR9C .. Taking my time

Brian

(Allegheny County)

go with the sig P239, i have one and love it. it shoots great and is extremely accurate and reliable.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

If you buy the P239, do yourself a huge favor and get a set of Hogue rubber finger groove grips. I have shot p239s with and without, the ones with are worlds better to hold onto. The p239 is a very accurate gun I would go with a Gen 2 SAS. The Short Reset Trigger is is a bit of an eye opener. I love SRTs.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Bucks County)

Thumbs up Re: Sig P239 9mm Opinions ?

I've had a gen 2 sas 9mm for about two years now. It is accurate and reliable. Never an issue, no doubt it will continue to give many years of service. It's probably the most comfortable fitting gun I own.

I also have a sig p228 which I had since about 1992 or so. The size difference mainly in width is what appealed to me in addition to the short reset trigger with the 239. I use this as my EDC and is is very comfortable in my RGrizzle working mans holster. I have about 2500 rounds through it and no problems at all.

I do have a number of M&Ps and though I like their consistent DA trigger pulls, the sig 239 is easy to master and shoot. Have fun.
    NRA endowment

I say no way. I had two of them. I hated both.

One was from the Sig Custom Shop, a two-tone .40 P239 SAS with NS and a DAK trigger.

The other was the P239 Tactical in 9mm with everything including the SRT trigger.

Both were mechanically fine but there are lots of things wrong with the 239 design for me, not the least of which were the DAK and the SRT triggers.

(Montgomery County)

I carry my P239 SAS 9mm DAK more than any of my other working guns. For me, it's the perfect little big gun.

Sure, there are smaller 9mm's out there, but the P239 fits me perfectly and is comfortable to carry 9+ hours a day. It's also ridiculously accurate.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Bucks County)

I say get it, I have a one in 9mm DA/SA and love it. Shot about 200 rounds out of it, very accurate and comfortable.

(Philadelphia County)

I like mine very much.
    Have you had a chance to shoot one yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast