I'm a California resident moving to Philadelphia. I've done a lot of research, but I still have some questions I was hoping to get answered if possible. I've read chivalrouscarry's "So you're moving to Philadelphia" post here (which is great) but it doesn't quite answer all of my questions.

I am going to apply for Pennsylvania residency to get my Pennsylvania driver's license ASAP. I also want to apply for LTCF given the "first-class" status of Philadelphia. Forgive me if any of my questions seem laughable; I'm coming from the most restrictive state in the union so even with Philadelphia's hoops, it's still better.

1. I am leasing an apartment in Philadelphia for now until I get to better know the city. Are there any restrictions on carry within my leased property? I know this sounds silly, but I've seen some pretty absurd laws try to get passed before.

2. Where I'm really confused right now is this: how do I transport my guns to a firing range? If Philadelphia is a "first-class" city and requires LTCF for carry on public streets, how do I legally transport my firearm at all? Unloaded and locked with ammo in a separate container, only in a motor vehicle? Am I allowed to lock and unload a handgun and stow it in a backpack to walk/bike/motorcycle to a range? The law for Pennsylvania transport is confusing and I can't figure out the lawful way to carry a firearm without LTCF.

3. According to the Philadelphia Police website, it seems that LTCF references need to be from not just Pennsylvania, but Philadelphia residents. I've plenty of out-of-state references I could list for now, but can I actually use them, or do I need to make some new friends?

4. I see that some of you have non-resident FL concealed carry permits instead of or in addition to PA LTCF. Why?

Thanks in advance. Given the pressures on firearm owners these days, I always want to make sure that things are 100% legal. I've always found that the best way to relieve people of concerns regarding firearms is to try to set the best example I can in being responsible with my firearms.