Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Thumbs up Clayton's Hunting and Fishing

Clayton's Hunting and Fishing, located 660 Easton Road (Route 611), Horsham, PA 19044 Phone: 215-672-6060

http://claytonshuntingfishing.com/

Made a trip there today after getting several recommendation to check it. First was entry. Greeted almost immediately by friendly staff. Told them I was on my first time here, checking it out. I was asked if I wanted to shoot. Figured I'd get a better feel for the range if I used it instead of just looked at it. Was given fast lane treatment. AHenshaw and I were given access to a lane immediately. They have only 8 lanes. Interior sound is louder than classic, but much cleaner (even since Classic was redone). Hangers worked a lot better for me than the hanging arms at Classic. Was a cardboard backer with clips up top to click your back to. Went up to 20-25 yards if I remember correctly. Cable system worked well. Lane was very well armored on the sides from other lanes.

The shop is also really nice. Very large selection of Hunting, Fishing and Gun rear. Reloading supplies, Holsters, Ammunition, AR parts, Knives, Optics, pretty much everything related to guns. Huge selection of most thinks like cleaning supplies and holsters. Prices were average all around, about the same as Classic. Prices not as good as Tanner's. Firearm selection very good. Lots of Long-guns and handguns. No deals popped out at me like whenever I go to Tanner's but worth a look. Was able to try holsters with my Taurus and point out trouble areas in cleaning it without being bitched at or getting dirty looks and an attitude like I always get from Classic.

Asked a few questions about cleaning my Taurus and got solid advice and even a demonstration. Witnessed employees offering advice and instruction to interested customers. Never buying Hoppes no.9 again, Break Free CLP with a bronze brush works so much better, it's no contest. Thanks to Clayton for the suggestion. It really worked well, my Taurus is cleaner than when I bought it, and cleaner after 1 cleaning that I could get it was 3 days of cleaning with Hoppes no.9.

Felt no pressure to buy anything or join the club. I'll definitely be going back there to shoot more, but I'll probably buy my ammunition from Tanner's.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Clayton's Hunting and Fishing

Whenever you want to go, just let me know.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    Whenever you want to go, just let me know.
    Are you a member?

I may go again next sunday. I really want to work on my handgun marksmanship.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by ByblosHex View Post
    but I'll probably buy my ammunition from Tanner's.
    I hope you noticed table with cheap-er ammo behind the pillar, right?

What caliber do you shoot? You might find better prices at Willow Grove Walmart, and it's closer to the place than Tanners.
    Je suis déplorable

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    I hope you noticed table with cheap-er ammo behind the pillar, right?

What caliber do you shoot? You might find better prices at Willow Grove Walmart, and it's closer to the place than Tanners.
    I got a 50 round box of "Remington 130 grain .38" which I figured was the cheapest .38 they had. I didn't really spend too much time looking for the cheapest ammunition. I could be wrong. It was $18.99 for the box of 50.

I shoot 9mm, .38, .357, .223, 5.56mm etc etc...

I wasn't expecting Clayton's to be the cheapest. I probably will go to Walmart on my way over next time.
    Last edited by ByblosHex; August 15th, 2011 at 03:30 PM.

(Pike County)

I wasn't expecting Clayton's to be the cheapest. I probably will go to Walmart on my way over next time.
    Clayton's is one of the cheapest when it comes to the plinking 9x19. They usually have it for 11.99 while WM has it for 11.97. Tanner had sweet promo month or so ago - you could buy case of 20 x 9mil Feds just $10 per box (or $12 for a single box), but you might want to call them ahead and ask if they still have it. Ray certainly has sweetest deals on guns, but ammo is usually relatively pricy there.
    Je suis déplorable

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Clayton's is one of the cheapest when it comes to the plinking 9x19. They usually have it for 11.99 while WM has it for 11.97. Tanner had sweet promo month or so ago - you could buy case of 20 x 9mil Feds just $10 per box (or $12 for a single box), but you might want to call them ahead and ask if they still have it. Ray certainly has sweetest deals on guns, but ammo is usually relatively pricy there.
    Gotcha. I will take a look at both Clayton's and Tanner's selections before buying my shotgun. Though I have a hard time leaving tanner's without buying a gun that day... and that means a lot coming from someone as low as me on the cash-amount totem pole.

(Lehigh County)

I've said it before and ill say it again - Claytons has the best indoor range around. Its cleaner than you could possibly imagine, the lighting is superb, and the lanes are state of the art. Ed (younger guy with short brown hair) is one of the nicest dudes and very knowledgable. I do agree with you on the noise though - my AK and AR are twice as loud at Claytons as they are inside Classic Pistol.

(Delaware County)

Been in there a few times to shoot and buy stuff - love the range, even for as small as it is. It's local to me so I can dig it.
    Junior

(Bucks County)

Are you a member?

I may go again next sunday. I really want to work on my handgun marksmanship.
    Not a member, just a regular paying customer
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast