Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Heckler & Koch P30 and variants. Opinions, Comments, Opposing Points of View?

So, I've just bought a pre-owned-but-unfired HK P30 V3 in 9mm (DA/SA with the decocking button on the rear of the frame) Comes with everything that it was sold with new.

I've been lusting after one of these for a long time and I'm dumping my Glock 22 for it. It makes sense given that I already have the HK45C on order and these two guns are similar enough in size and profile that they can share gunleather.

The deal on the gun was too good to pass up, so I pulled the trigger on it. My query to you all is this...

Are there any of you who carry one of these? What are your thoughts on it? Is there anything about it that you hate? Have any of you done the V1 LEM conversion?

Pics and range report to follow on Tuesday night when I get it home from the inaugural range trip. I haven't been this excited about a new gun since I brought my Sig 1911 home a few years ago.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

Default Re: Heckler & Koch P30 and variants. Opinions, Comments, Opposing Points of View?

Honestly, if you have HK questions, there is no better resource than HKpro.com

The guys there rave about their P30s, and you can get a lot of detailed questions about that or any HK answered there.

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Heckler & Koch P30 and variants. Opinions, Comments, Opposing Points of View?

The P30 is on my "desire" list and I WILL own one someday! I only need decide on which trigger group to get.

I will wait to read your range report with the V3.

Hope you enjoy that SWEET gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

The first thing that's happening to that gun is a set of Trijicon bright-n-tough night sights. Once I break it in, I'll decide about the V1 trigger conversion. A case of 9, here I come...

(Monroe County)

In my honest and sometimes humble opinion... ...the LEM trigger is the BEST HK trigger you can have! I have owned 3 HKs and 2 of them had it when I got them....I converted the 3rd myself because I had to have it.

Don't own one, but have shot a few, and just helped a poor bloke sight his in about a month ago. He thought his sights were way off. Turned out his sight was way off, and his adrenaline was way on. Anyway, it has one of the best grips a man can wrap his mitts around, and they are super accurate. Hey, it's an HK.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Seriously looking forward to it. HKparts.net doesn't have any LEM kits for the P30, every other HK pistol, sure. Not the P30 though. Googled it and found one for $140.... Not happening, so until I find a source for the LEM kit, its going to stay DA/SA, as much as I prefer DAO.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by SCBaldr View Post
    Seriously looking forward to it. HKparts.net doesn't have any LEM kits for the P30, every other HK pistol, sure. Not the P30 though. Googled it and found one for $140.... Not happening, so until I find a source for the LEM kit, its going to stay DA/SA, as much as I prefer DAO.
    Buy the kit and do it yourself otherwise it'll cost over $200.00 from HK...

(Beaver County)

Have the P-30 v-3 in 40 s&w and I love the gun. The double action pull is VERY heavy, but I have not gone with the LEM yet, not yet anyway. Dry fire the hell out of it and practice much. I carry between the p-30 and HK 45C. They are both excellent firearms. Good luck with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by joe magarack View Post
    Have the P-30 v-3 in 40 s&w and I love the gun. The double action pull is VERY heavy, but I have not gone with the LEM yet, not yet anyway. Dry fire the hell out of it and practice much. I carry between the p-30 and HK 45C. They are both excellent firearms. Good luck with yours.
    Do you use the same holster for both like I am hoping to?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast