Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEO section?

(Franklin County)

Default LEO section?

Is there any interest in having a section here similar to "Cop Talk" on the GlockTalk boards?

Are there any other members of the Law Enforcement community who participate regularly on the board?

Default Re: LEO section?

There are a few LEO around, but they seem to be nothing more but fellow gun owners to me. But is constable enough to get you into a board like that??

i'm sorry, I had to say it I honestly don't mind constables I just had to!!

(Philadelphia County)

It's completely unneccecary and counterproductive. All it will do is make a law enforcement clique like they have on GT.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    It's completely unneccecary and counterproductive. All it will do is make a law enforcement clique like they have on GT.
    Quoted for agreement.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post

I don't really see a need for it, but don't understand how it would be any different than the clique of those who have trained at certain schools, or those who open carry, or those that hunt, or those that reload. Firearms fall into all of those catagories, and they are also an important part of Law Enforcement. What would it hurt?
    Jules

(Westmoreland County)

The only dumb idea is the one never mentioned...but I agree with the others. We don't need an LEO forum.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Westmoreland County)

Jules, I think that there are enough of us that do ALL of those things to tie everything together. There are always going to be guys that know each other from a group shoot or IPSC match or training class or hunting outing, but I think the membership here does a pretty good job of keeping it open. Personally, I have learned alot from the guys who are into different kinds of shooting than me.

The cops I have met on this forum are really unlike the majority of cops that I have met in my life. Read on, this is a good thing. The cops in this forum seem to

a) shoot regularly and take superior marksmanship seriously
    b) have an understanding of the laws relating to firearms in this state
    c) be open to discussion with anyone who is a shooter

To the OP, I would suggest accomplishing your goal with threads. Just like an IPSC guys might start a thread in the pistol section, you could do the same. It might accomplish the kind of discussion you are looking for.
    VEGETARIAN: Native American word meaning "bad hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by BearTitan View Post
    Jules, I think that there are enough of us that do ALL of those things to tie everything together. There are always going to be guys that know each other from a group shoot or IPSC match or training class or hunting outing, but I think the membership here does a pretty good job of keeping it open. Personally, I have learned alot from the guys who are into different kinds of shooting than me.

The cops I have met on this forum are really unlike the majority of cops that I have met in my life. Read on, this is a good thing. The cops in this forum seem to

a) shoot regularly and take superior marksmanship seriously
    b) have an understanding of the laws relating to firearms in this state
    c) be open to discussion with anyone who is a shooter

To the OP, I would suggest accomplishing your goal with threads. Just like an IPSC guys might start a thread in the pistol section, you could do the same. It might accomplish the kind of discussion you are looking for.
    Well said.
    Jules

(Allegheny County)

I agree with the previous posters that a LEO section is not desirable in my opinion. Here at PAFOA we are all equal and division amongst the ranks is not something that should be encouraged. Typically there are plenty of LEO's/Lawyers here already that chime in on various topics and while sometimes their input is given higher regard depending on what the question is, I think we should all be in the same pool

(Fulton County)

Here at PAFOA we are all equal and division amongst the ranks is not something that should be encouraged.
    I like that

im going to use it as my sig line since you Stole the meter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast