Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Clown Bank Robber Sentenced, had PA LTCF

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    "Mental disability" or mental illness does not automatically disqualify you. Only an involuntary commitment or judicial ruling of incompetence.

I would have no issue if it did though. We have enough to deal with as gun owners without <ahem> clowns like this owning and carrying

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by vapochilled View Post
    I would have no issue if it did though. We have enough to deal with as gun owners without <ahem> clowns like this owning and carrying
    Not only does your statement represent a profound disbelief in the concept of "innocent until proven guilty", it also necessarily represents a belief in abolishing many forms of privacy and a dramatic lack of understanding of mental health issues.

I'm positive that if you had to look at a crowd and pick out the "mentally ill" you would fail spectacularly.

The last estimate I read on the percentage of U.S. adults with a mental illness was nearly 20%, although I'm sure there is a more accurate estimate by now since I haven't studied the topic in a while.

(Lehigh County)

so your ok with that 20% legally owning and carrying?
    It's not that I don't understand, it's that I don't want people who are mentally ill carrying, that's all.
    I could care less about innocent until guilty, if you are predisposed to mental instability as diagnosed properly by a Dr, then you should not be given the opportunity to commit a crime with a firearm? I don't see the issue.
    For the rest of the gun owning community it gives the anti gun crowd, less to chew on and demonstrates that we as a society are serious about having guns in competent hands.
    I'm not suggesting we hang these people? simply that they not be allowed to legally acquire a gun until signed off by their Dr.

The vast majority of dangerous criminals do NOT have an LTCF.

The vast majority of LTCF holders do NOT commit serious crimes.

The lesson here, obviously, is to issue LTCF's to pretty much everyone, which will cut down on crime by turning lawless felons into law-abiding LTCF holders, reduce bloated local police budgets, save taxes, fix the deficit and pay down the debt, and put an end to anthropogenic global climate mischief.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    The vast majority of dangerous criminals do NOT have an LTCF.

The vast majority of LTCF holders do NOT commit serious crimes.

The lesson here, obviously, is to issue LTCF's to pretty much everyone, which will cut down on crime by turning lawless felons into law-abiding LTCF holders, reduce bloated local police budgets, save taxes, fix the deficit and pay down the debt, and put an end to anthropogenic global climate mischief.
    You might have something there!

(Northampton County)

I live very close to this lady.

We called her "Crazy Carol" when we were little kids.

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    So HOW did this, ahem, clown, get a LTCF, as a mentally-ill drug addict?!?!

There's your $64 question!
    Because if you check "No" on the mental questions no one actually checks?

That would be my 'guess.'

It's not that I don't understand, it's that I don't want people who are mentally ill carrying, that's all.
    I could care less about innocent until guilty, if you are predisposed to mental instability as diagnosed properly by a Dr, then you should not be given the opportunity to commit a crime with a firearm? I don't see the issue.
    For the rest of the gun owning community it gives the anti gun crowd, less to chew on and demonstrates that we as a society are serious about having guns in competent hands.
    I'm not suggesting we hang these people? simply that they not be allowed to legally acquire a gun until signed off by their Dr.
    Thankfully you're not in charge of anything.

Due process is a neat-o sounding slogan, until it's YOU that's wrongly charged with a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    She lives in Northampton County. I am surprised the gun control nuts are not all over this. (Not that I am trying to bring attention to the matter), but, this is what makes us look bad in the eyes of the public. One thing I can say is that her having a LTCF was not played up whatsoever by local LEO, BATFE, FBI etc and the DA.
    Her having an LTCF is pretty irrelevant when she used a bomb threat to rob the bank.
    Last edited by Valorius; August 13th, 2011 at 06:10 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by pa350z View Post
    Interesting case here. Not to often you see articles of a Clown robbing a bank and having a LTCF. Hoping she gets the help she needs.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/beth..._receives.html
    Now that this case is over, it's time to deal with the clown in the White House.

(Lehigh County)

The problem is that you are associating all mental illnesses as a whole with predisposition to crime, all the while your posts demonstrate that you don't understand the issues at hand.

When you disarm a law-abing citizen simply due to mental illness and that citizen gets brutally attacked or raped you might as well have attacked them or raped them yourself.

Those who aren't law abiding will laugh at your prohibition anyway.

Law abiding citizens, including those who are mentally ill, should not have to be approved by the government to carry and defend themselves all because paranoid people like you are willing to toss the concept of innocent until proven guilty.

(Centre County)

Not exactly LTCF, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vPnM...ure=grec_index

Still a mental with a gun I guess.
    Hunting is NOT a 2nd Amendment Activity

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast