Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Carded for slingshot while OC'ing

I went to walmart this evening to get a slingshot for my survival kit, I was OC'ing as always. The cashier scans the slingshot and asks if I am 18, I say yes and she asks for ID. She clearly noticed my firearm,it just seemed strange to get carded for a slingshot while OC'ing. My girlfriend got a good laugh from it especially since I am 26.

I am guessing that it is just walmart policy to card for stuff like slingshots and spray paint, I can't imagine that their would be a law requiring you to be 18 to buy a slingshot or paint

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Carded for slingshot while OC'ing

Wow. A slingshot? I don't dabble much in "survivalist" stuff - is that a common item?

I think I'd have a better chance of talking a rabbit into a pot than hitting and killing one with a slingshot. lol

And to be carded for such an item? That's retarded.
    No offense to the people offended by that word, but really - you have to admit - it is.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Wow. A slingshot? I don't dabble much in "survivalist" stuff - is that a common item?

I think I'd have a better chance of talking a rabbit into a pot than hitting and killing one with a slingshot. lol

And to be carded for such an item? That's retarded.
    No offense to the people offended by that word, but really - you have to admit - it is.
    Want to know what is really bad. Got carded the one day for buying paintballs. Few days later bought a machete. Didn't bother carding me for that. Small plastic balls of paint are more dangerous than a cheaply made long knife. Go figure.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(York County)

I do not think a slingshot is in most people survival gear but it can easily kill small game and you can make a arrow rest to shoot arrows. With a heavy nad you get over 40 pounds a force and are supposed to be abble to kill a deer at 15 yards but I have never done it. I carry two rat traps to and that is not common for most people but everywhere has rats,mice,chipmunks and squirrels in high concentration so a couple rat traps set for 24 hours almost always results in some protein. We need a survival section on this forum

(Bucks County)

That cracks me up.

As far as a slingshot for survival, I myself have a slingbow. The retarded offspring of a compound bow and a slingshot. Arrows are no joke, it is quite accurate and will take down small to medium game. My buddies have them as well, we do shooting matches. It's a whole lot of cheap fun!

I never thought about rat traps before, good call! Rep inbound.
    Mostly browsing these days, and expanding the collection.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah. I hadn't considered rat traps either. That is a sure-fire way to get at least a squirrel or two.

I set traps for a rat once. The next morning I found a dead squirrel in one of them.

Do they card you for rat traps?

(York County)

Befor you put your rat trap in your pack make sure to drill a hole in it so you can paracord it to a tree. If you don't it can be drug away never to be found. I just lay two back to back and wrap some paracord around them to hold them together and put them in my pack. Peanut butter is probable the best bait I have ever used

I got the rat traps at TSC so they didn't, It would not surprise me at all if walmart did. I actually think they did card me for rat poison before but I am not sure, I know I was carded for rat poison but Can't remember for sure if it was walmart
    Last edited by StonewallRabbitry; August 13th, 2011 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallRabbitry View Post
    I went to walmart this evening to get a slingshot for my survival kit, I was OC'ing as always. The cashier scans the slingshot and asks if I am 18, I say yes and she asks for ID. She clearly noticed my firearm,it just seemed strange to get carded for a slingshot while OC'ing. My girlfriend got a good laugh from it especially since I am 26.

I am guessing that it is just walmart policy to card for stuff like slingshots and spray paint, I can't imagine that their would be a law requiring you to be 18 to buy a slingshot or paint
    Walmart sells wrist rockets? With good steel ball bearings they are nasty and quite lethal...and oh so quiet.

My survival plan is to sit in a tree by some rat traps, and then eat the guy that comes to collect the squirrels that got caught.
    Last edited by Valorius; August 13th, 2011 at 12:05 AM.

(Lebanon County)

Slingshot for survival? You bet!
    Here's a guy who says he learned to shoot a slingshot as a youngster because his oldest brother was the only one allowed to shoot the shotgun and they needed food so he hunted rabbits with a slingshot. It looks like he must have learned pretty well, he seems to still be a good shot with one at age 65.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    Walmart sells wrist rockets? With good steel ball bearings they are nasty and quite lethal...and oh so quiet.

My survival plan is to sit in a tree by some rat traps, and then eat the guy that comes to collect the squirrels that got caught.
    OMG, I'm sitting here nearly choking on my Frosted Mini Wheats and shooting milk out my nose!

Prick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast