Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default From the mouths of babes....

Since I'm recently "out of the closet" with my CC I've been CCing around the house a lot more often. While making my 7 yr old son's bed he noticed my firearm when I bent over, and he asked me "Why do you have a gun on your belt?" I told him "I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop." He smiled .I then had a long talk with him and his sister who is 12 about why I carry and told them it is to protect them and me. His sister then said so if I carry a gun I don"t need a husband right???" I told her "YEP!"

Default Re: From the mouths of babes....

Quote Originally Posted by matty70 View Post
    Since I'm recently "out of the closet" with my CC I've been CCing around the house a lot more often. While making my 7 yr old son's bed he noticed my firearm when I bent over, and he asked me "Why do you have a gun on your belt?" I told him "I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop." He smiled .I then had a long talk with him and his sister who is 12 about why I carry and told them it is to protect them and me. His sister then said so if I carry a gun I don"t need a husband right???" I told her "YEP!"
    Way back about 20 years ago, I was holstering up and my daughters, who were very young at the time took notice. The younger of the two said, "Why is Daddy taking his gun with him?" The older one did not even miss a beat. In a very authoritative voice, she said, "In case he needs to shoot someone!" That has been my stock answer ever since when someone asks me why I carry.

(Mercer County)

...the only thing my 11 yr old son asks me is which gun am I carrying..He knows why...
    Glock 27 Glock 22

(Cumberland County)

My property borders the state forest, so my kids and I do a lot of hiking in the woods. One day my son(then 4) asked my "what happens if we see a bear." My daughter (7) instantly says "don't worry, daddy will shoot it with his pistol." (I always CC and did not know they had any idea.)

The next words from my son were "Can we cut it up and eat it too?"

(Philadelphia County)

great stories guys. Hope im as lucky one day!
    ZRT-SECTOR 7

(Lancaster County)

Talking Re: From the mouths of babes....

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy52 View Post
    My property borders the state forest, so my kids and I do a lot of hiking in the woods. One day my son(then 4) asked my "what happens if we see a bear." My daughter (7) instantly says "don't worry, daddy will shoot it with his pistol." (I always CC and did not know they had any idea.)

The next words from my son were "Can we cut it up and eat it too?"
    you must be proud :]
    Gott mit uns

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by matty70 View Post
    While making my 7 yr old son's bed he noticed my firearm when I bent over, and he asked me "Why do you have a gun on your belt?" I told him "I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop."
    If he made his own bed this would have never happened. Think of the children!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by keystoneman 85 View Post
    If he made his own bed this would have never happened. Think of the children!
    AMEN to that but they are bunk beds and a little hard for a 7 yr old to make -hell I can hardly make them myself!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PennsyPlinker View Post
    Way back about 20 years ago, I was holstering up and my daughters, who were very young at the time took notice. The younger of the two said, "Why is Daddy taking his gun with him?" The older one did not even miss a beat. In a very authoritative voice, she said, "In case he needs to shoot someone!" That has been my stock answer ever since when someone asks me why I carry.
    Isnt it amazing that even young children can observe and understand the reasons for self defense and the need to be armed, while some adults and politicians cannot grasp that concept.?

Excellent thread OP

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Isnt it amazing that even young children can observe and understand the reasons for self defense and the need to be armed, while some adults and politicians cannot grasp that concept.?

Excellent thread OP
    I firmly believe that children are better at observation and critical thinking than most adults.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast