Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tokarev

(Cumberland County)

Default Tokarev

Was chatting on another thread about the Nagant and rather than hijack it with all Tokarev talk, thought I'd start a new one. I have a M57 Tokarev and really enjoy it - I've posted the pic a few times I see the M57 now from one online seller in hard chrome with holster and two hard chrome magazines for $279 - don't know how much longer I can resist ! All it will need is a set of Marschal grips and wa -bam !
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Tokarev

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Was chatting on another thread about the Nagant and rather than hijack it with all Tokarev talk, thought I'd start a new one. I have a M57 Tokarev and really enjoy it - I've posted the pic a few times I see the M57 now from one online seller in hard chrome with holster and two hard chrome magazines for $279 - don't know how much longer I can resist ! All it will need is a set of Marschal grips and wa -bam !
    You really can polish a turd... wow! That is perhaps the nicest looking hunk of shit I have had the pleasure of viewing in a while.

Sorry, but the TOK pistols aren't for me. Like the round, not the guns.

But that one there sure is purdy!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    You really can polish a turd... wow! That is perhaps the nicest looking hunk of shit I have had the pleasure of viewing in a while.

Sorry, but the TOK pistols aren't for me. Like the round, not the guns.

But that one there sure is purdy!
    lol. I was never a Tokarev fan, thought they were ugly, laughed at the cotter pin on the right, etc.. Then got my C&R and decided to give one a try when I bought my Nagant, and I was won over ! Incredibly accurate, totally reliable, easy to shoot, cheap to shoot - I was converted to a turd lover

(Allegheny County)

I owe you points for being a good sport but I have to spread it around a bit first.

(York County)

I've been eyeing those chrome's online for a while now. Maybe I will convince the wife to let me get one for self xmas gift this year.

(York County)

Was that Tito's personal Tok? Or is that the "special" Yugoslav Navy Submarine Comander Model?

(Northampton County)

I just refinished one in desert sand and armor black cerakote for myself , I will post some pics later when I get back from the range. I shot a friends and that what sold me also picked up a CZ 52 thats in the process of getting novak sights and then it will also get cerakoted. These are just plain fun range pistols and for the $199.00 I payed the I can't complain, by the way that chrome looks good!
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

I've always been a fan of the 7.62x25mm round. It's a shame that no one offers hot modern bonded JHP ammo for it.

Or modern guns for that matter. A high capacity doublestack 7.62x25mm pistol with modern ammo would be an awesome self defense pistol.

(Montgomery County)

A few years ago, Winchester carried what they called their "metric sized ammo". Their 7.62 x 25 was made by S & B if memory serves me correctly. You can also buy modern ammo in the same calibre from a variety of on line sellers usually made in Serbia, but with Boxer primers, brass cases and sometimes hollow points. However, need to remember the round was made for pointed bullets and a lot of weapons will not feed HPs correctly.

I buy the Serbian for a Mauser C96 but have to be careful as the regular surplus round is too powerful for 100 year old metallurgy! Dave_n

(Allegheny County)

I think Prvi partizan makes ToK hp's, but of its anything like any of their other HP's... They might as well be fmj. Their attempts at making HP ammo are pathetic at best.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast