Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Velocity Arms VMAC-9

So gun bug has been nibbling on me again. I come across the VMAC-9 machine pistol and the VMAC-45. Started looking for what the reviews are saying and all I am finding is the same paragraph in the press release.

Any one handle any of these? Good? Bad? Looking at the 9 as 45 is way too rich for my blood currently.

Thanks,
    Rob

Default Re: Velocity Arms VMAC-9

I've noticed these too. Subscribing to this thread for further info.

(Allegheny County)

Outside of 'looking' cool. What functionable difference is there between this and a Glock 17/34 with a 33rd magazine in it?

Aside from REALLY bad ergonomics, a crappy trigger, and an extra 3lbs?

Not hatin' but seriously wondering why the attraction. After playing with an old Cobray many times I can say the novelty wears off VERY quickly. So much so, well, I guess that's why I'm left wondering why anyone would want one that isn't full auto?

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    Outside of 'looking' cool. What functionable difference is there between this and a Glock 17/34 with a 33rd magazine in it?

Aside from REALLY bad ergonomics, a crappy trigger, and an extra 3lbs?

Not hatin' but seriously wondering why the attraction. After playing with an old Cobray many times I can say the novelty wears off VERY quickly. So much so, well, I guess that's why I'm left wondering why anyone would want one that isn't full auto?
    Yeah. I have a buddy that had one. We would just blast 4 or 5 mags out of it and be done. It really serves no other purpose. Hey, if you can afford it just for kicks go for it. Not for me though. I'd sooner buy a GSG pistol or carbine so at least I wouldn't be cranking through 9mm two boxes a minute.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Lehigh County)

Ok,
    So now that I have heard opinions on why so and so wouldn't buy it.

I re-ask my same question and the original point of the thread.

Any one have any hands on or credible review information on this build of machine pistol? I am looking to see if its of decent build quality or just disposable.

Thanks,

Rob

(Indiana County)

It's not a machine pistol.

I doubt you will find many that have fired one in this brand.

Maybe do a google on "Velocity arms review"

(Allegheny County)

Rob - try here;

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/forumd...82-MAC-10-Talk

This is the MAC subforum at Uzi Talk. Some folks probably are familiar with the semi-only variants.

Edit - there is also this lesser-used forum;

http://www.mac-11.net/forum/

yeah, I like MACs.
    Last edited by nfafan; August 15th, 2011 at 01:26 AM.

I have never fired a vmac. However I have shot Cobray, Mac and Masterpiece arms. Internally they are almost identical. They are all basically a variant of the Mac which was Machine gun armanent company. Some side cock and other top cock. I prefer the side cock, JMO. OP I say buy one if thats what you like. The nicest fit and finish of those I mentioned is by far the masterpiece arms. If you can find one of those I would buy it, but again if you are set on the Vmac go for it!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Hello Stampeed Valkyrie,
    I happen to own one a vmac 45 and a Masterpiece arms mac 45,
    I am a certified gunsmith and have had alot of practice with both of these pistols, quite honestly I enjoy the Vmac 45 better. Not saying that the master piece arms version is an inferior gun by any means, the build quality is just about identical. The vmac 45 does have one issue that the master piece arms doesn't. the rear take down pin for the upper receiver is a better fit than the vmac 45. A very slight issue and certainly not one that should sway your decission. As far as the way that they shoot, they both feel the same. not much aiming needed so great for instinct shooting practice. the Master piece is slightly heavier it seems but that doesnt mean that the vmac 45 is light. they both are solidly built with heavy blow back bolts and very strong recoil springs. I have never had any shooting problems with either one of them except that from the factory the vmac wants to eject the casing very sharply backwards and has hit the side of the bolt and scratched it. The problem has worked itself out after about 100 rounds which lightened the spring tension alittle. would be more fun in F A but unless I get an order in from a class 2 or 3 then It is not worth the tax stamp or problems with owning in california. it is still plenty fun in S A mode. Hope this helps.

(Monroe County)

Does anybody know where to get extra magazines for the VMAC 45? I am googling all over the place and I can not find. I even searched Velocitie's website.