Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Considering the Sig P238

I've heard a lot of good things about this gun and I'm considering getting one. I have not yet had the opportunity to handle one. I have read that the trigger pull is 8 lbs. For those of you that have or have fired one does it feel like 8lbs? I know there is a lot on this gun here in the forum and have read most if not all of the threads I can find. I usually research most things before I buy to try to avoid buyers remorse.

Thanks,
    Sid

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Considering the Sig P238

buy it and don't look back, i have over 600 rounds through mine and it has not had one single malfunction. it is extremely accurate to boot. the trigger was heavy at first, but after about 100 rounds it smoothed out and now is around 5ish pounds.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    I've heard a lot of good things about this gun and I'm considering getting one. I have not yet had the opportunity to handle one. I have read that the trigger pull is 8 lbs. For those of you that have or have fired one does it feel like 8lbs? I know there is a lot on this gun here in the forum and have read most if not all of the threads I can find. I usually research most things before I buy to try to avoid buyers remorse.

Thanks,
    Sid
    I've only dry-fired one. It is a heavy SA trigger. It breaks pretty cleanly. It takes 8 lbs of pressure but you don't have the long travel of a DA trigger.

(Northampton County)

Ditto...Buy it!

Hardest part is finding the one you want.

Very little recoil and accurate. It's a great gun first 50 rounds not an issue. Trigger pull was crisp and didn't feel heavy at all.

I got the one with the Rosewod grips. Keep us posted.

(York County)

Thanks for the comments. Sounds like the trigger isn't much to worry about. Is it worth looking into replacing the plastic trigger and mainspring housing? Are the parts even made? Looks like I will soon be adding a 380 to my modest collection. I'll let ya know when it happens (kind of sounds like a birth announcement ).

Sid