Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default CZ 75 compact or SA Lightweight Champion

Soooo for what it would cost to buy the 1911, I could have the CZ and have it worked over by the customshop. The gun would be specifically to carry. I thought I wanted a 1911, but I dunno a tuned up CZ might not be so bad even if it is 9mm. What do you guys think?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: CZ 75 compact or SA Lightweight Champion

Those are two outstanding candidates, and I don't feel you'd be disappointed with either. On one hand, I'm thinking you might benefit from the additional capacity the CZ provides. And, no, I don't think the 9mm cartridge is a disadvantage. On the other hand, I'm wondering if the CZ trigger would ever be what the SA trigger probably is "out of the box". Those may be the same things you're thinking.

Ultimately though, if it were me, because you've indicated it would be a carry gun, I think I'd go with the CZ. At one time, I've owned 5 CZ handguns, and across all of them, with an approx total of 10,000 rounds fired, I had 3 or 4 feed issues, all of which were in my CZ-75B with bulk UMC ammo.

Having had a few 1911s as well (A Kimber, a few Springfield Armory, a Metro Arms American Classic II, and a RIA Armory), I've not seen that kind of reliability. So, with it coming down to carrying a gun I'd trust my life with, between those two choices, I'd go with the CZ.

Outside of those choices, I'd recommend a Glock 30, because that's my preferred EDC gun, and I've never had a single issue with it - ever.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Northampton County)

I have 3 pistols from Cz Customs and I can tell triggers are fantastic, If you are close to Easton Pa look me up and we can set some range time ,you can shoot them and judge for yourself. Have 2 cz 75 tactical decockers on order for customers right now-why cause they shot mine and loved the triggers. Now a stock Cz 75 series pistol is not bad but usually the trigger is a little gritty and long on the pull and does not smooth out for about a thousand rounds.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

I don't think you could go wrong with either. I like the 1911 but it can be a little big to carry sometimes. But, in .45 you have stopping power. The CZ will give you a 9MM with fire power. Your call as to what you want.

I have a SA LW Operator. Has a rail, great pistol and backed by SA lifetime warranty. Never had a CZ, but do have a CZ 452 American - great craftsmansip.

As we say on ARFCOM - get both

I am not a fan of the 9MM, but adore 1911s. I have 4:

Kimber CDP, SA LW Operator, SA Loaded, SA GI Micro