A month and a half ago I bought a Springfield XDM 9mm based on the overwhelming amount of positive feedback its been getting, as well as the recommendation of a friend who owns one.

But as I fire it more, and try out different pistols, I'm wondering if it was the right choice. I have big hands, and even with the meatiest backstrap on, it feels small in my grip, like I can't get a good, solid hold on it. I recently held a Beretta 92fs and wow, it felt incredibly natural. I wasn't able to fire it at the time, but it felt better in my hands. Even a 1911, with its relatively thin grip, feels more natural (I was talked out of a .45 based on ammo prices, but I'm starting to regret that).

I'm starting to feel like I got swept up in the popularity and recommendations of what is an extremely well-made pistol without considering the question, "It's fantastic, but is it right for me?"

I don't know if there's a single bottom-line question here; it's more of a request for feedback. Am I nuts for considering selling/trading the XDM for a 92fs? Or possibly a good 1911? Any other suggestions for guys with big hands?