Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Northampton County)

Default Where can I go to be fingerprinted?

My renewal forms for my Florida license to carry came in this week. In addition to all the usual, they want a fresh set of fingerprints on their card/form. I understand local police don't want to do this any more. Is there a place or qualified person that I can go to??

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Where can I go to be fingerprinted?

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressTimes View Post
    My renewal forms for my Florida license to carry came in this week. In addition to all the usual, they want a fresh set of fingerprints on their card/form. I understand local police don't want to do this any more. Is there a place or qualified person that I can go to??
    Is that an assumption or did you call and ask? There are some PDs that will still print you as well as some PSP barracks. Before you just write them off call. I'm in DELCO and the PSP and locals wouldn't do it for my Utah permit, I ended up going to the Chester County Sheriff.

Does Florida require a LEO to do the prints? Utah did which is why I was willing to travel to CHESCO.

Call around, but tell them what they are for, you don't want to hear "Oh we only do prints for employment purposes" after driving to the place.

Wondering... if FL would consider a PA constable as a LEO, for taking prints?

That is if a constable had the proper equipment & training and would be willing to do so.

What is a Constable?

Under Pennsylvania Law, Constables are Public Officers, elected or appointed to their position in accordance with the laws of elections.

A Constable is a sworn Law Enforcement / Peace Officer that can arrest for felony crimes and breaches of the peace committed in his presence, or by warrant anywhere in the commonwealth.

A Constable is also an officer empowered to carry out the business of the statewide district court system, by serving warrants of arrest, mental health warrants, transporting prisoners, service of summons, complaints and subpoenas, and enforcing protection from abuse orders as well as orders of eviction and judgement levies.

Constables are also charged with maintaining order at the election polls and ensuring that no qualified elector is obstructed from voting, Constables are the only Law Enforcement Officials permitted at the polls on election day.
    Last edited by HiredGoon; August 9th, 2011 at 12:35 PM.

(Northampton County)

Easton Police can fingerprint you , They do it on Friday mornings and the fee is twenty dollars I believe.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Berks County)

Smile Re: Where can I go to be fingerprinted?

I was going to be a smart ass and suggest committing a crime but I changed my mind.....

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave49 View Post
    I was going to be a smart ass and suggest committing a crime but I changed my mind.....
    Glad you did!

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressTimes View Post
    The PSP barracks off Airport road will do it for free. That's where I went to get my AZ prints. Make sure you call ahead though to make sure a person is there that can do the prints.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by zackattack784 View Post
    The PSP barracks off Airport road will do it for free. That's where I went to get my AZ prints. Make sure you call ahead though to make sure a person is there that can do the prints.
    ^^^^^ THIS.

(Northampton County)

Thanks for all the helpful comments. I ended up going to the Easton Police Department. By appointment on Friday only for $20. Smooth and easy.

Thanks again.