Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    York City Pharmaceutical District, Pennsylvania
    (York County)

Default Re: *UPDATE* Hanover Starbucks Get-Together... OC/CC/NoC, Aug 13th 6pm

Rain cancelled my camping trip so you may see me there as well.

Our little Plinkette can't make it after all. She has a dog sitting chore she must perform. She was really looking forward to OC too. Heck, for what they pay her, I thought about doing the dog sitting and sending her to the party. But Mrs. Plinker and I are still on track.

(York County)

I'll be there with my wife and 2 friends.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by designgimp View Post
    I'll be there with my wife and 2 friends.

Well, welcome to the party! And welcome to PAFOA.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Alright curmudgeon, I'm in assuming anyone will still be around at 7:30ish, can someone shoot me a phone number or something so I know where you guys are? :P
    -Ben

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    Alright curmudgeon, I'm in assuming anyone will still be around at 7:30ish, can someone shoot me a phone number or something so I know where you guys are? :P

Well... I'm planning on being there at least until 7:30, probably more like 9:00 or later. Also, see that "I Like Guns and Coffee" in the first post? I have that on a T-shirt, and I'm large enough that I'm difficult to miss!

Besides, we're probably going to be the only group of 20 open-carry rednecks at either location.

I'll PM you my cell.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

I'm not going to make it. We've been having very heavy rain storms on and off and I don't like driving in that.
    LOL, I am a woman...

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    I'm not going to make it. We've been having very heavy rain storms on and off and I don't like driving in that.
    Drive up to York and ride with me :P
    -Ben

We just got home after about 240 miles for a cup of coffee we didn't even get to drink. It was a great time with old friends, and meeting some new ones. Mrs. Plinker and I stopped in York at Hain's cigar shop and picked up some very nice smokes. Only later did I find out that Lt. Fells frequents the place. I was disappointed that I did not get to meet him.

We made it to Starbucks to see Curmudgeon and SIG P220 already there. Since I was turning into a skeleton, we went next door to the Italian restaurant, where we ordered dinner. About halfway through, all these people with guns showed up. The rest of the group migrated over and we all sat in the back and had a very good time.

The whole thing then moved on to jhbenson's place, where we finally got some coffee. Hopefully some of you others will post about it here, but we had a great time, and are already looking forward to the next, whenever that might be.

(York County)

I think I counted something like 16 people altogether. Not bad considering it began as just a chance to see who wanted a cup of coffee!

And what a group it was, some folks relatively young, some relatively not some long-time forum members, and lots of new faces.

For some time now I've been a little envious of the western and eastern areas of the state where get-togethers like this seemed like a regular occurrence. There are more than enough people in York and south-central PA to make this work on a frequent basis. So for anyone who couldn't make it, and anyone who could and are looking forward to the next one, we just have to keep this going.

The BBQ in Glen Rock and coffee at Starbucks amply demonstrate... If you post it, they will come!

Thanks Pennsy and the Mrs for traveling so far to be a part of this, and a big thanks to jhbenson and family for hosting the after-party that allowed us to extend our evening.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast