Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Thumbs up Good reaction from motorcycle guy while I was going into 5 Guys today

Not sure if he was carrying or not but he spotted me right off.

I was on College Ave waiting to cross and go into 5 Guys for lunch. I had to wait about a minute for traffic to let up before I could cross. While I was waiting I saw this fellow across from me waiting to pull into traffic.

I made it across then realized that I had forgotten my book. I usually sit outside at the tables on the street and eat/read when I go there. I ran back across to get my book then waited for another bit till I could cross over safely. The bike guy was still sitting there all this time. I thought it odd so I made eye contact and he gave me a "thumbs up".

I guess I must have looked confused (which I was) so he pointed to my hip. DUH, I finally got it. I acknowledged his kind gesture and continued on.

The rest of the meal was uneventful. No good or bad encounters while enjoying my lunch and reading out on the street.

I hope he is a member here. If not - I guess not all SC folks are gun shy.

EDIT: BTW, 5 Guys is VERY gun friendly!

(Centre County)

Default Re: Good reaction from motorcycle guy while I was going into 5 Guys today

I haven't OC downtown but I have not run into any problems (yet) since I started OCing.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Good reaction from motorcycle guy while I was going into 5 Guys today

That was me!!!

Haha. I usually CC while downtown, but I was just doing some research in the Paterno Library and so I wasn't CC'ing at the time.

Yeah, I just got on my bike and was looking around, noticed your very nice revolver. I figured I'd wait until you made eye contact with me (talking loudly with a helmet on really sucks). Once you made eye contact I gave a thumbs up!

I've been waiting to see if you post on here. Somehow I knew you were a member...

Anyway, great to see another informed citizen in SC!

~ Matt

(Centre County)

Nice to sort of meet you! Stay safe.

(Bucks County)

We need to make a "Missed Connections" subforum on here.