45 acp Hand gun review + 1. Recent range session. These guns are a like in that for the most part they fire a round that starts with 4x. They are different in design, the way the feel and fire but they are a like, because they are hand guns.

The players are the Beretta Px4, Rugers Sr1911, Glock 21sf and Glock 23 each one slightly different and very capable. I started by marking my target drawing 8 x 5 boxes with a black marker with bulls eye rings progressively larger. This ended up with 6 targets. I 1st fired the Beretta PX4 on the top center targets shooting my JHP reloads these rounds shot well in the PX4 after that magazine. I quickly switch to the fmj blazers and continue to fire on the center target. Move from 1 shot to dbl taps to up and down ballastic drills. Most groups were smaller then my fist, recoil was very manageable.

Then came the Glock 21sf it fired the same drill starting with a mag of my jhp reloads with the same results, no malfunctions and fairly tight group. I switched to the fmj and continued firing same above drill but this time on the far right and high corner target. The G21sf placed rounds near the center of the target it seemed to handle the round well recoil was mild.

Then came the SR1911 had the best feel and trigger while shooting it also shot center and then I started same drill the gun handled great. I did not try to fire the jhps out of the new 1911 because it has not been broken in yet. Recoil was mild in this solid steel gun after firing the polymer guns.

Then I picked up the Glock 23 shot the same drill the G23 was the smallest of the guns it handle well and shot like a 9mm, I can see why some say it’s the perfect gun. I had a nice time at the range and enjoyed each gun individuality. All rounds were shot at 7-15 yards.

I don't have a favorite out of this group they all shot well and I could improve with them all, each gave a good account of hem selves and are excellent tools of the trade. Can't wait to go out again.