Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Question mtg tonight?

so the next mtg is tonight? is the group shoot on the agenda? do you guys taking over the shoot need people to attend to support you?

what time is the mtg start tonight again?
    "My Name is Earl" ;-)

(Washington County)

Default Re: PAFOA/PMCS Group Shoot #54 (UNOFFICIAL)

Ive said to a couple people that I wouldn't mind splitting the running of these with another person or 2. Only thing is, I dont have an RO certification.

(Allegheny County)

I am just curious with it being a "PMSC Sanctioned activity" with it's own budget and all if PMSC has plans to place an organizer in that role? Anyone from the club care to comment?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Montanya View Post
    I am just curious with it being a "PMSC Sanctioned activity" with it's own budget and all if PMSC has plans to place an organizer in that role? Anyone from the club care to comment?
    I'm not an official at the club, but I do know all of the club's organized activities are run via a volunteer organizer(s). If a organized activity looses the volunteer(s) and new ones don't step up, then the organized activity will cease to continue. This is not unusual. Organizers get burned out and/or attendee's loose interest. The group shoots had a good run, all good things come to an end. There is no reason (I can see) that it can't be revived down the road.

One possibility (to keep them going) is to hold them just 4 times a year, the commitment by a organizer(s) would be greatly reduced.
    Toujours prêt

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I'm not an official at the club, but I do know all of the club's organized activities are run via a volunteer organizer(s). If a organized activity looses the volunteer(s) and new ones don't step up, then the organized activity will cease to continue. This is not unusual. Organizers get burned out and/or attendee's loose interest. The group shoots had a good run, all good things come to an end. There is no reason (I can see) that it can't be revived down the road.

One possibility (to keep them going) is to hold them just 4 times a year, the commitment by a organizer(s) would be greatly reduced.
    Ammo costs would go down as well. Like I said, I would be up for volunteering, but doing these every month would be a definite strain, and they do happen the same day as the FAOC meetings.

(Allegheny County)

Quarterly shoots, that's a decent idea.

Anyways, like I said before if someone (or a group) wants to run these shoots and keep them going, PM me. Basically, you need three things.

1. Be willing to run it. I can help get you up to speed.
    2. Be a PMSC member
    3. Be a certified RSO

That's it really. I would think between the group here we can fins someone to to be the HMFIC and a few people to get certified.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Dog View Post
    Quarterly shoots, that's a decent idea.

Anyways, like I said before if someone (or a group) wants to run these shoots and keep them going, PM me. Basically, you need three things.

1. Be willing to run it. I can help get you up to speed.
    2. Be a PMSC member
    3. Be a certified RSO

That's it really. I would think between the group here we can fins someone to to be the HMFIC and a few people to get certified.
    Need clarification on something...

Is that "RSO" thing a requirement? Really?

I do understand that there must be a certain number of RSOs on hand, but does the person organizing everything really need to be certified? Seems strange.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Need clarification on something...

Is that "RSO" thing a requirement? Really?

I do understand that there must be a certain number of RSOs on hand, but does the person organizing everything really need to be certified? Seems strange.
    Technically, I imagine the person running it would not have to be certified however you would still need the appropriate number of RSO's on the range. Of course, it would help if the HMFIC was certified in case there was a shortage of RSO's.

(Washington County)

Thumbs up Re: PAFOA/PMCS Group Shoot #54 (UNOFFICIAL)

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Dog View Post
    Technically, I imagine the person running it would not have to be certified however you would still need the appropriate number of RSO's on the range. Of course, it would help if the HMFIC was certified in case there was a shortage of RSO's.
    I think its HUGE if the person has to be an RSO that is running it. as Azzy said he would take on a few and I could run one or two a year but we are both not certified RSOs. Also Montanna's brother (I think) said he would run the shoots... but again not a certified RSO.

with Dagny and a few other certified RSOs rotating for a qtrly group shoot hopefully there are enough to support the person running the grp shoot.

If this is to rise from the ashes again... I would suggest we skip January and Feb as a shoot month as we get low turn out with holidays and cold weather and such... suggestion 4 group shoots per year...

1Q = Mar
    2Q = June
    3Q = Sept
    4Q = Nov

December being holiday times ect...
    "My Name is Earl" ;-)

(Allegheny County)

Quarterly shoots sound awesome! Like always I'd be down for arriving early and helping to set up should this get off the ground.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast