Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Two new 45acp pistols for the collection.

Added two new guns to the few I have. One is the Dan Wesson V-Bob SS 45ACP and the other Is the HK 45C. I cleaned both guns and took 500 rds with me to the range. 300 rds. went thru the V-BOB and 200 went thru the HK. I am sooo happy with my purchase of both guns, but especially the V-BOB. That Dan Wesson is absolutely the most accurate gun I have ever shot, and I have shot many. Break-in for the Wesson is 300-500 rds so the two ff I had were I guess, to be expected. As for the HK,well for a combat gun its super! Its a very accurate gun as well. I wanted to get that HK because it is one of a few they make which has an O-Ring on the end of the Barrel.The O-Ring gives it a barrel to slide lock up for improved accuracy,and it does just that. I am happy to report NO malfunctions of any kind with the HK 45C and I used four different brands of ammo one of which was Mastercast re-loads. I ordered a Comp-Tac Minotaur Holster for the HK over the weekend. I think I will start to carry it after 200 or 300 more trouble free rounds this weekend.

Default Re: Two new 45acp pistols for the collection.

may I ask what the dan wesson cost? thanks

(Monroe County)

you'll be hard pressed to produce a failure in the HK. It can happen but it's rare.

Just ordered the HK45C through Tanners on Thursday morning. Being HK, it could be in a week or two months. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to it.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Beaver County)

I bought the V-BOB from Buds guns....best price anywhere.I think I paid 1470.00....Oh,the one thing I will say is I will be replacing the sights on the HK very soon. I know Tritium is not allowed in Germany so they have to be replaced.

Smile Re: Two new 45acp pistols for the collection.

thank you joe ,After I posted the question I realized it was a little tacky . I think you made a great choice! enjoy I:ve recently purchased a kimber custom 45 witha 5in bull barrel set me back 1750 and that was way under list. once again enjoy.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by joe magarack View Post
    I bought the V-BOB from Buds guns....best price anywhere.I think I paid 1470.00....Oh,the one thing I will say is I will be replacing the sights on the HK very soon. I know Tritium is not allowed in Germany so they have to be replaced.
    Right...but you can order them with tritium sights from the factory in Virginia.

What did the V BoB DWA 45 acp cost you? $1470 sorry I missed that, thanks.

And how would it compare to the S&W E series Bob? $850 to $1470.

The Ed Brown Bob series is a $2600 piece. This place is a wealth of knowledge if you just look around.

Does Kimber make a bob series?
    Last edited by Neko456; August 10th, 2011 at 04:12 PM.

(Beaver County)

Smile Re: Two new 45acp pistols for the collection.

I dont know much about the S&W new E series 1911 pistols as I have not had the chance to try one. However I had and sold a Kimber Custom Carry 5 inch barrel with the bob'd handle and I will tell you it was no where near this Dan Wesson Valor V-bob I own now. I just ordered a LES BAER Premier II 5 inch. If it handle's better than the Valor, I will quit my job and live out the rest of my days at the range shooting 45 acp's....

Quote Originally Posted by joe magarack View Post
    I dont know much about the S&W new E series 1911 pistols as I have not had the chance to try one. However I had and sold a Kimber Custom Carry 5 inch barrel with the bob'd handle and I will tell you it was no where near this Dan Wesson Valor V-bob I own now. I just ordered a LES BAER Premier II 5 inch. If it handle's better than the Valor, I will quit my job and live out the rest of my days at the range shooting 45 acp's....

456 - Les Baer Premier now you are pissing in tall cotton Now!! That's really a great compliment for the DWA Valor, I use to think that DWA made good versitle revolvers they seem to make a better 1911. I need to check on what they have to offer if the V bob Valor is as good or almost as good as a Les Baer I need to get one of those. Being far better IYO then that fancy Bob Kimber is saying something to me.

I have 4 1911s but I'm looking for one that is above the pack near custom or custom like a Les Baer, Wilson, STi or Ed Brown... or maybe a DWA Valor. Maybe your new address will be the range we will see, Les Baer is big shoes to fill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast