Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Mouthy encounter yesterday

..was OC/CC yesterday(tshirt would be up over my gun at times when getting in and out of vehicle) yesterday in the Hermitage/Sharon area..running errands and what not..Went to drop movies off in the drop box only to hear a black woman giving me the business about carrying a gun in public(she was parked by the drop box)..Most of her words I couldnt understand(other than a few) and she was pointing her finger at me and shaking it..I never lost stride and really didnt know what to do so I tipped my ball cap to her and offered for her to have a nice day and drove off...
    Last edited by xtcalls; August 7th, 2011 at 11:24 AM.
    Glock 27 Glock 22

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Mouthy encounter yesterday

You did good by not feeding the troll. Best to keep cool and show how level headed you are about carrying.
    MikeP

(Mercer County)

...to say she was giving me the business is an understatement...and for those wondering, I did have my recorder..I began carrying a recorder when my divorce began 3 yrs ago(ended this spring) to combat FALSE domestic violence threats by the lil lady..(Works like a charm and gives them a pasty white look on their face after they find out that their threat was just recorded)
    Glock 27 Glock 22

(Lehigh County)

I think that I would have asked her if she had a problem and if she said something about the gun, I would have asked her to tell me what law I was breaking. Then, when she wouldn't have been able to answer, I would have told her that if she doesn't know what she is talking about, she should keep her mouth shut instead of proving to the world that she's an idiot.

But that might have lead to more problems.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    I think that I would have asked her if she had a problem and if she said something about the gun, I would have asked her to tell me what law I was breaking. Then, when she wouldn't have been able to answer, I would have told her that if she doesn't know what she is talking about, she should keep her mouth shut instead of proving to the world that she's an idiot.

But that might have lead to more problems.
    ...and if that doesn't work, start with the "Yo momma's so fat" jokes.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

She must have been channeling Obama...

Quote Originally Posted by xtcalls View Post
    ...to say she was giving me the business is an understatement...and for those wondering, I did have my recorder..I began carrying a recorder when my divorce began 3 yrs ago(ended this spring) to combat FALSE domestic violence threats by the lil lady..(Works like a charm and gives them a pasty white look on their face after they find out that their threat was just recorded)
    A bit OT, but i don't think such recordings (the divorce related ones) are admissible as evidence in Pa are they?. (There is a 2 party consent to recording law in Pa as far as i know)

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    A bit OT, but i don't think such recordings (the divorce related ones) are admissible as evidence in Pa are they?. (There is a 2 party consent to recording law in Pa as far as i know)
    Pennsylvania Wiretapping Law

Pennsylvania's wiretapping law is a "two-party consent" law. Pennsylvania makes it a crime to intercept or record a telephone call or conversation unless all parties to the conversation consent. See 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 5703 (link is to the entire code, choose Title 18, Part II, Article F, Chapter 57, Subchapter B, and then the specific provision).

The law does not cover oral communications when the speakers do not have an "expectation that such communication is not subject to interception under circumstances justifying such expectation." See 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 5702(link is to the entire code, choose Title 18, Part II, Article F, Chapter 57, Subchapter A, and then the specific provision). Therefore, you may be able to record in-person conversations occurring in a public place without consent. However, you should always get the consent of all parties before recording any conversation that common sense tells you is private.

In addition to subjecting you to criminal prosecution, violating the Pennsylvania wiretapping law can expose you to a civillawsuit for damages by an injured party.

Consult the Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press's Can We Tape?: Pennsylvania for more information on Pennsylvania wiretapping law.
    http://www.citmedialaw.org/legal-gui...-recording-law

I'm reading that as: In public you can record the ex threatening you with a bogus restraining order, but in a private residence or some other private venue, you could not?

Is that right?

(Philadelphia County)

Good work. An outsider witnessing this would be able to clearly tell that you were the level headed end of the conversation. Thanks for making firearms owners look respectful and reasonable.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast