Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: l

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Petersburg, Pennsylvania
    (Huntingdon County)
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default l

    Do the people of Huntingdon County know that there Sherriff is denying Conceled Carry Permits for no apparent reason? And that the Judge is backing him up on this?
    I just recently moved to Huntingdon County from Washington County where I held a Concealed Carry Permit for 10 years. I am a licensed Gun Smith.
    The Sherriff denied me because I was arrested in 1993. Although the charges were dismissed and my record was expunged, the Sherriff denied me.
    I have since found out that he has been denying people because they have a D.U.I. I also learned that he denied a State Corrections Officer because he just didn't like him.
    This Sherrif was a dirty Cop when he worke for the Borough of Huntingdon. He has a record of false acusations and has had cases dismissed because he entered false testimony in court. So, there is no reason to believe that he is not a dirty Sherriff.
    I also learned that he did issue a Concealed Carry Permit to one of his friends who is BLIND and has a prior arrest in Center county for chasing his wife with a loaded pistol.
    Perhaps it is time that we the people have a recall ballot for the Sherriff and remove him from office.
    Anyone have thughts on this? Anymore information on this crooked Sherriff would be apprieciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,579
    Rep Power
    276567

    Default Re: l

    Quote Originally Posted by dippenboobs View Post
    Do the people of Huntingdon County know that there Sherriff is denying Conceled Carry Permits for no apparent reason? And that the Judge is backing him up on this?
    I just recently moved to Huntingdon County from Washington County where I held a Concealed Carry Permit for 10 years. I am a licensed Gun Smith.
    The Sherriff denied me because I was arrested in 1993. Although the charges were dismissed and my record was expunged, the Sherriff denied me.
    I have since found out that he has been denying people because they have a D.U.I. I also learned that he denied a State Corrections Officer because he just didn't like him.
    This Sherrif was a dirty Cop when he worke for the Borough of Huntingdon. He has a record of false acusations and has had cases dismissed because he entered false testimony in court. So, there is no reason to believe that he is not a dirty Sherriff.
    I also learned that he did issue a Concealed Carry Permit to one of his friends who is BLIND and has a prior arrest in Center county for chasing his wife with a loaded pistol.
    Perhaps it is time that we the people have a recall ballot for the Sherriff and remove him from office.
    Anyone have thughts on this? Anymore information on this crooked Sherriff would be apprieciated.
    what is this "Concealed Carry Permit" you speak of? I know that PA has a License To Carry a Firearm, but as far as I know, we don't have a Concealed Carry Permit. Maybe he is denying them because they do not exist?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)
    Age
    48
    Posts
    11,150
    Rep Power
    21474860

    Default Re: l

    How is a judge "backing up" the Sheriff? Were you unsuccessful in an appeal? Did you appeal it to the next higher court? What about any of the other folks who you claim were wrongfully denied.

    What evidence do you have to convince me that I should believe any of your allegations rather than think you just have an ax to grind with the Sheriff?

    Your entire approach seems very suspect to me.
    Attention NRA Life and voting members - LPRGCFRANK running for NRA board of directors

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    york county, Pennsylvania
    (York County)
    Posts
    189
    Rep Power
    2176355

    Default Re: l

    Looks to have joined up just for that post as well.... Very suspect indeed.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Petersburg, Pennsylvania
    (Huntingdon County)
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: l

    Title 18 Section 6106 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statues very plainly states that a License to Carry a Firearm conceale about the person or loaded in a vehicle will be issued to persons unless they have a FELONY CONVICTION or a domestic abuse CONVICTION.
    The Sherriff can not deny you on a whim or for personal reasons.
    Yes, I now do have an axe to grind with this Sherriff. He is denying me and others there right to bear arms that are guarenteed by both the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Pennyslvania.
    By the way, he also has denied a permnit to an Attorney who caught him lying and presenting false evidence in court when he was a Borough Cop.
    I am preparing an appeal against him now. The problem is, this costs money and he knows that.
    But, the people of Huntingdon County need to know what this clown is up too!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    PA, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    3,601
    Rep Power
    1031951

    Default Re: l

    Quote Originally Posted by dippenboobs View Post
    Title 18 Section 6106 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statues very plainly states that a License to Carry a Firearm conceale about the person or loaded in a vehicle will be issued to persons unless they have a FELONY CONVICTION or a domestic abuse CONVICTION.
    The Sherriff can not deny you on a whim or for personal reasons.
    Not entirely true

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)
    Age
    48
    Posts
    11,150
    Rep Power
    21474860

    Default Re: l

    Quote Originally Posted by dippenboobs View Post
    Title 18 Section 6106 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statues very plainly states that a License to Carry a Firearm conceale about the person or loaded in a vehicle will be issued to persons unless they have a FELONY CONVICTION or a domestic abuse CONVICTION.
    The Sherriff can not deny you on a whim or for personal reasons.
    Yes, I now do have an axe to grind with this Sherriff. He is denying me and others there right to bear arms that are guarenteed by both the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Pennyslvania.
    By the way, he also has denied a permnit to an Attorney who caught him lying and presenting false evidence in court when he was a Borough Cop.
    I am preparing an appeal against him now. The problem is, this costs money and he knows that.
    But, the people of Huntingdon County need to know what this clown is up too!
    Based on your own (I'm assuming) interpretation of the law that's stated in the first sentence, I hope you have an attorney for your appeal. Your statement is completely wrong, and doesn't even reference the relevant statute.
    Attention NRA Life and voting members - LPRGCFRANK running for NRA board of directors

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northern Tier, Pennsylvania
    (McKean County)
    Age
    51
    Posts
    7,589
    Rep Power
    21474856

    Default Re: l

    He can also deny due to your character and reputation as well, which is the often abused loophole. Your only recourse is to file an appeal. If you have not done so within 30days of your denial I believe you will have to wait one year regardless of the outcome. What did your denial letter state?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,579
    Rep Power
    276567

    Default Re: l

    Quote Originally Posted by dippenboobs View Post
    Title 18 Section 6106 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statues very plainly states that a License to Carry a Firearm conceale about the person or loaded in a vehicle will be issued to persons unless they have a FELONY CONVICTION or a domestic abuse CONVICTION.
    The Sherriff can not deny you on a whim or for personal reasons.
    well, you are half right there. In accordance with 18 PA C.S. 6109, a sheriff may deny an individual the right to a License to Carry Firearms if there is reason to believe that the character and reputation of the individual are such that they would be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety.


    Quote Originally Posted by dippenboobs View Post
    Yes, I now do have an axe to grind with this Sherriff. He is denying me and others there right to bear arms that are guarenteed by both the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Pennyslvania.
    why don't you reread the pennsylvania constitution and tell me exactly where it says that you are guarenteed the right to bear arms.

    Quote Originally Posted by dippenboobs View Post
    By the way, he also has denied a permnit to an Attorney who caught him lying and presenting false evidence in court when he was a Borough Cop.
    I am preparing an appeal against him now. The problem is, this costs money and he knows that.
    But, the people of Huntingdon County need to know what this clown is up too!
    and you think you can prevail where an attorney that knows all about the laws failed?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bucks, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    12,611
    Rep Power
    21474861

    Default Re: l

    Quote Originally Posted by dippenboobs View Post
    Title 18 Section 6106 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statues very plainly states that a License to Carry a Firearm conceale about the person or loaded in a vehicle will be issued to persons unless they have a FELONY CONVICTION or a domestic abuse CONVICTION.. . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    Not entirely true
    In the sense that he's entirely wrong, I agree.

    Few things are more dangerous than someone who is wrong, but convinced with a holy passion that he is right. Next thing you know, there's a jihad...

    Are we coming up on a Sheriff's election soon? I expect to see more anonymous accusations springing up whenever there's an election. It's an Internet thing. Probably going to see similar anon accusations showing up on other boards, telling the skateboarders that the Sheriff is tearing down the half pipe, warning dog owners that he's killing pets, telling Michael Moore and Rosie O'Donnell that he's shutting down the donut shops.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Free seminar 7/18/19 in Quakertown: https://www.senatormensch.com/concealed-carry-seminar/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops