Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default help find a 22 pistol

hi guys, i am looking to get a really small ( i dont mean some kind of antique) 22 cal pistol. mag capacity doesnt matter. could u throw out a few names which are available out there. i am looking for one which has small dimensions. kinda like the kel tec maybe even smaller.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: help find a 22 pistol

Johnnie F.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    hi guys, i am looking to get a really small ( i dont mean some kind of antique) 22 cal pistol. mag capacity doesnt matter. could u throw out a few names which are available out there. i am looking for one which has small dimensions. kinda like the kel tec maybe even smaller.
    Ruger Mark II`s are well put together...Also, a Smith M-41 in a semi and the K-22 in a revolver are fine pistols. My brother has quite the collection of 22s.

How would you carry it CC/OC also with/without holster?

My girlfriend wants a .22, particularly a Walther P22. I rather she get a 38 like the one i primarily carry.I.E.; Smith&Wesson 38 Special...unfortunetely she says it hurts her fingers when she shoots it! I cant see how,,to me its got the recoil/kick of a straw wrapper blowing off at your pal across the table!

(Chester County)

Beretta
    Taurus
    NAA
    Walther
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by moonclip View Post
    Ruger Mark II`s are well put together...Also, a Smith M-41 in a semi and the K-22 in a revolver are fine pistols. My brother has quite the collection of 22s.

How would you carry it CC/OC also with/without holster?

My girlfriend wants a .22, particularly a Walther P22. I rather she get a 38 like the one i primarily carry.I.E.; Smith&Wesson 38 Special...unfortunetely she says it hurts her fingers when she shoots it! I cant see how,,to me its got the recoil/kick of a straw wrapper blowing off at your pal across the table!
    CC with holster

(Allegheny County)

Smallish .22's...

Sterling 302 - Needed a major fluff and buff to feed even MiniMags with any consistency. Luckily they are long OOP so no one will ever get snookered again.

Erma RX22 (also sold under other brands like Iver Johnson TP22) - similar to a Bersa/Firestorm PPKS .22 clone only cheaper. For the money they were excellent little guns but could be ammo finicky. Long gone now from production.

Berretta 21 - a fun little shooter but mag capacity sux and when it gets dirty - the lack of an extractor means you end up with jams. And yes, it is ammo effin finicky.

Phoenix HP22a - super sweeeeet and IMHO, the best of the modern "cheap" 22's and with great cust svc. Accurate even with a 3" bbl, EATS any .22 ammo of any brands that I have fed it - and they even advise standard-power ammo. Google this sucker and you'll be astonished at the amount of gun that a bit over a 100.00 will buy. Get this one, you'll be happy you did.

Have a GSG 1911/22 - sweeeet. Only put about 200rds thru it but it has eaten ANYTHING so far including the much-maligned Remmy. Haven't tried any hollowpoints yet. Physically bigger than you want but if you have the cash, 1911-goodness on a .22 diet.
    Last edited by nfafan; August 7th, 2011 at 03:07 AM.

(Luzerne County)

Capacity doesn't matter? Then look for a derringer. Also, look at the offerings from North American Arms.
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

(Butler County)

A NAA mini revolver is about as small as you can get.

(Cumberland County)

Wink Re: help find a 22 pistol

the naa mini revolver is a nice pocket piece. drawbacks are carrying on a empty cylinder brings you down to 4 rounds and recoil is nasty due to the small size. i use mine as a bug and not a primary carry piece. just try and find that on my person if i really want to hide it. i also have a p22, i find this a pleasant and accurate shooter. drawbacks on this model are (there is only one) is it,s finicky on ammo type and velocity. i have found the new cci .22 ammo made for the ar type weapons to be totally reliable. well worth the slight increase in $ you pay for it. on a side note i have found this ammo to work well in all my .22 weapons. it is the only stuff i will buy anymore excluding some sss ammo for my suppressed guns.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    the naa mini revolver is a nice pocket piece. drawbacks are carrying on a empty cylinder brings you down to 4 rounds and recoil is nasty due to the small size. i use mine as a bug and not a primary carry piece. just try and find that on my person if i really want to hide it. i also have a p22, i find this a pleasant and accurate shooter. drawbacks on this model are (there is only one) is it,s finicky on ammo type and velocity. i have found the new cci .22 ammo made for the ar type weapons to be totally reliable. well worth the slight increase in $ you pay for it. on a side note i have found this ammo to work well in all my .22 weapons. it is the only stuff i will buy anymore excluding some sss ammo for my suppressed guns.
    You don't need to carry an NAA revolver with an empty cylinder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast