Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Good Gun Shops?

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Good Gun Shops?

So why is it that nobody else has any issues with any other local gun shops besides the one mentioned multiple times... seems like they employ you or give you discounts or something to have you stand up for them despite the odds. They have lost my business indefinitely because of snarkey attitude when you go in to see a firearm or ask a question about a certain type of ammo or ask them to do something to deal with exerting effort (not all of them but several). I wont blame them for selling me a bad batch of blazer brass ammo (1000 rds worth :-\). like I said I get nothing but respect at Boyers and they don't look at me funny when i ask questions at Dunkelburgers. There is just way too many other shops around here for me or any one of my friends to want to deal with bad customer service/lost orders/etc.

(Monroe County)

American Sport Shooting is now in Easton. Rich is a stand up guy. He is in the plaza at the end of 248 with the DMV and shares the store with Patriot Metals (or vise versa). I believe you can also get there via the 25th st exit but I've never gone that way. I always get off the Wilson exit.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    Let me see if I have thios straight. You needed help and instead of asking for help, you just stood there for SEVERAL minutes? And now you are complaining about not getting the help that you DID NOT ASK FOR?

Be that as it may, according to your story, they DID ask you if you needed help. You asked fore something that they did not carry and they informed you of that. How does that qualify as not good service? Did you need something else? If so, you should have said so. If not, what else did you want from them for it to have been good service?
    Sorry, but if i walk up to a gun counter and start looking at gun or anything else behind that counter they should take the initiative and come and ask me if i need help, its something that i like to call customer service. Assuming they are not busy (sitting in on stools at the counter means not busy) they should come over to me and ask if there is anything they can help me with. If my answer is no or not at the moment then they should say to me "well if there is anything we can help you will we'll be right over there just give is a shout". That is customer service, not sit there and wait for me to come to you. Because after all they as employees of a store that has to sell things to me in order to stay in business they need me a lot more then I need them.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by mkvtaco View Post
    They have lost my business indefinitely
    You also said that you haven't been in there in two years and when the previous post'er pointed out that things might have changed in those couple of years, you changed your story and said that you gave them another try and were in there just two months ago.

I'm willing to bet that you'll be in there again to take advantage of their new lower prices on guns and ammo but will continue to publicly gripe about the high prices and poor service.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    Sorry, but if i walk up to a gun counter and start looking at gun or anything else behind that counter they should take the initiative and come and ask me if i need help, its something that i like to call customer service. Assuming they are not busy (sitting in on stools at the counter means not busy) they should come over to me and ask if there is anything they can help me with. If my answer is no or not at the moment then they should say to me "well if there is anything we can help you will we'll be right over there just give is a shout". That is customer service, not sit there and wait for me to come to you. Because after all they as employees of a store that has to sell things to me in order to stay in business they need me a lot more then I need them.
    Well, I, for one, prefer to shop in peace and do not want a swarm of sales people pestering me. At Army/Navy, I don't have top worry about that because they don't have pushy sales people watching my every move like vultures ready to pouch on me to earn their commission. I'm a big boy. If and when I need help, I'm not AFRAID to ASK for help as seems to be the case with some people -- they are too shy and scarred in public to open their mouth but when they are sitting at home in front of a keyboard, they suddenly become very brave and have no problem complaining about the service that they did not ask for.

Stop and think about how ridicules that sounds. People are complaining about not getting the service that they DID NOT ASK FOR. Give me a break! The guy stood there for SEVERAL minutes waiting for a sales person to ask him if he needed help when he could have walked over to them himself in less than ten seconds and initiated the conversation. SEVERAL MINUTES!!??

I agree with the previous post'er. He needs to look in the mirror to see where the problem is!

(Northampton County)

I have been reading post on here for years and this is my first one cause I can't believe how people belly ache about gun shops. I have been to every gun shop up and down the east coast and let me tell you none of them are the perfect gun shop. Army Navy is hit and miss for sure but they have a selection. Boyer has good prices but so can every store if they had to order it for you and the bill is paid before he got the gun. Dunklebergers is the old nestors of gun prices alittle high but he has the NY customers that push up the prices, ( good for him to make money). I went to Cableas the other day and over my dead body would I buy a gun there. Their prices are triple then any other mom and pop store in the LV area. And to pull a number and wait in line to get service is crazy. The sad part is all the gun stores in the Lehigh Valley area are all the original stores that have been here for a long time, you really don't see new ones open. I research what I want, drive around check inventory and price and buy it, I am glad to support any family owned strore and not support the box stores. You wanna see poor customers service and can't find help go to Best Buy, Wal mart see how far you get there. I love listening to gun customers at any shop always asking the guy if that is the best they can do on price, REALLY I don't hear that at the super market, asking the girl at check out if she can do better on that steak. There was a guy at Boyer's asking Alan if he can do better, (Alan just put that price on the tag cause he was bored) Leave it be and pay for the gun.

(Northampton County)

Wink Re: Good Gun Shops?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Knight View Post
    You also said that you haven't been in there in two years and when the previous post'er pointed out that things might have changed in those couple of years, you changed your story and said that you gave them another try and were in there just two months ago.

I'm willing to bet that you'll be in there again to take advantage of their new lower prices on guns and ammo but will continue to publicly gripe about the high prices and poor service.
    When did i say i haven't been there in 2 years? You seem to have mistaken me for another poster.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Win1873 View Post
    I have been reading post on here for years and this is my first one cause I can't believe how people belly ache about gun shops. I have been to every gun shop up and down the east coast and let me tell you none of them are the perfect gun shop. Army Navy is hit and miss for sure but they have a selection. Boyer has good prices but so can every store if they had to order it for you and the bill is paid before he got the gun. Dunklebergers is the old nestors of gun prices alittle high but he has the NY customers that push up the prices, ( good for him to make money). I went to Cableas the other day and over my dead body would I buy a gun there. Their prices are triple then any other mom and pop store in the LV area. And to pull a number and wait in line to get service is crazy. The sad part is all the gun stores in the Lehigh Valley area are all the original stores that have been here for a long time, you really don't see new ones open. I research what I want, drive around check inventory and price and buy it, I am glad to support any family owned strore and not support the box stores. You wanna see poor customers service and can't find help go to Best Buy, Wal mart see how far you get there. I love listening to gun customers at any shop always asking the guy if that is the best they can do on price, REALLY I don't hear that at the super market, asking the girl at check out if she can do better on that steak. There was a guy at Boyer's asking Alan if he can do better, (Alan just put that price on the tag cause he was bored) Leave it be and pay for the gun.
    Funny you mention cabelas prices because by some miracle given by the sweet baby Jesus himself i managed to score a Glock 23 gen 4 for $450! the other day and jumped on it. I'm sure its a rare deal but its worth a shot to look sometimes... and the guys at cabelas can be very friendly.
    Last edited by mkvtaco; September 14th, 2012 at 12:41 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by mkvtaco View Post
    When did i say i haven't been there in 2 years? You seem to have mistaken me for another poster.
    Yes, I got you mixed up with "Plinkster". My apologies.

(Lehigh County)

the whole thing with army navy seems to stem from their customer service... i go there occasionally browse for a little... if nothing really catches my eye i either grab whatever it is i want or i leave... there have been a handful of times that i have asked someone sitting on the stool for information about something and i get a snarkey answer... again not with all salespeople that work there but it has happened in the past... not to mention that i was once handed a taurus 24/7 (i think) loaded... atleast in my mind... the guy forgot to eject the empty mag and lock the slide back like they always do.... but mistakes happen.... however the bad incidents that i have experienced have left a bad taste in my mouth.... so they are not my first choice...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast