Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Good Gun Shops?

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Good Gun Shops?

AF Boyers in Slatington. Their prices were lower than Buds on all the stuff I wanted.

(Lehigh County)

Boyers and Precision Armaments - Precision Armaments actually has lower prices on some things too.

(Lehigh County)

Definitely Boyer's and avoid Army Navy in Whitehall unless you need your dose of attitude for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Plinkster View Post
    Definitely Boyer's and avoid Army Navy in Whitehall unless you need your dose of attitude for the day.
    Based upon your high post count over the course of 5 years, and the fact that you refuse to go into the Army Navy in over two years, this according to one of your many posts, before providing any sort of feedback you may want to investigate to determine if your comments would still relevant.

There have been many changes over the past year. It may be worth your visiting before bashing.

(Lehigh County)

(Northampton County)

Re: Good Gun Shops?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Plinkster

Based upon your high post count over the course of 5 years, and the fact that you refuse to go into the Army Navy in over two years, this according to one of your many posts, before providing any sort of feedback you may want to investigate to determine if your comments would still relevant.

There have been many changes over the past year. It may be worth your visiting before bashing.

Sir;

Apparently not having a high post count on this forum means that you're not involved in the shooting sports and I'm not sure where you get that I have not given Army Navy multiple chances to change my mind over the last "two years". That is not the case. I've been shopping at Army Navy since approx 1975, when it was still on 7th St in Allentown. I had stopped shopping the gun counter there at least ten years ago because of the attitude of many of the personnel that worked there. I'm sure there are a few good people that work there, but I never seemed to get lucky and taken care of by them. Probably about two or three years ago I decided to give them another chance and a few times since then. Maybe I'm just there on bad days, but not much seems to have changed. In fact the last time that I went there, probably two months ago, after several minutes of standing at the counter, I was asked if I would like something from two guys sitting on stools at the other end of the counter. I asked if they had any Power Pistol gunpowder, which last time that I checked, was a fairly popular powder. The reply that I received was an abrupt "I never even heard of that powder" and then went back to doing whatever they were doing. I think that qualifies as not a very good attitude when you're trying to sell something.

I'm sorry if I offended you, but it appears that not too much has changed from my previous experiences while shopping there. So at this point, I will most likely purchase the bulk of my reloading supplies from other sources. I think that I have given them adequate chance to change my perception. Also, I am entitled to my opinion, as you are and I'm not really sure who you think that you are to tell me what my opinion should be since I have a low post count in the "last five years"! The guy asked a question, soliciting opinions, which is what I gave him.

I must have missed the memo that said that I must continue to post on PAFOA if I want to continue to shoot my firearms!

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure that Kiefer's closed a few months ago. Try Boyer's Hardware (Main St, Slatington), Walmart in Whitehall (they have had a decent amount of asst ammo in stock the last week or two- more than I've seen in a while) or Army Navy (Grape St, Whitehall- I refuse to go there because of their major attitudes).

Jeff
    In fact the last time that I went there, probably two months ago, after several minutes of standing at the counter, I was asked if I would like something from two guys sitting on stools at the other end of the counter.
    Good to see a man with principles. So which is it? You refuse to go, or you go there for something you can't find anywhere then complain about service? Did you just walk up to the far end of the counter and stand there? Did you ask for assistance? Do you have an idea on what the gentleman went back to doing? Reports, logging guns in, completing a sale? All things are required by FFL's.

I spend alot of money at Army Navy as well as other shops. Never had bad service at any one of the shops I have visited.

And thank you for posting my my information. I like to be involved. Here you go in return:

(Lehigh County)

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsor39 View Post
    Good to see a man with principles. So which is it? You refuse to go, or you go there for something you can't find anywhere then complain about service? Did you just walk up to the far end of the counter and stand there? Did you ask for assistance? Do you have an idea on what the gentleman went back to doing? Reports, logging guns in, completing a sale? All things are required by FFL's.

I spend alot of money at Army Navy as well as other shops. Never had bad service at any one of the shops I have visited.

And thank you for posting my my information. I like to be involved. Here you go in return:

(Lehigh County)
    Nope... b/s, crappy service and over priced to this day... when a store has one good comment and 3-4 bad typicaly the odds aren't in their favor... my friend ordered a holster there and he came back a few weeks later to oops we forgot to order it finnally several weeks later and no phone call we went in again since we were at lvm and it was there sitting... that's bad business... and that's just a recent story...no thanks.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Plinkster View Post
    after several minutes of standing at the counter, I was asked if I would like something from two guys sitting on stools at the other end of the counter. I asked if they had any Power Pistol gunpowder, which last time that I checked, was a fairly popular powder. The reply that I received was an abrupt "I never even heard of that powder" and then went back to doing whatever they were doing. I think that qualifies as not a very good attitude when you're trying to sell something.
    Let me see if I have this straight. You needed help and instead of asking for help, you just stood there for SEVERAL minutes? And now you are complaining about not getting the help that you DID NOT ASK FOR?

Be that as it may, according to your story, they DID ask you if you needed help. You asked fore something that they did not carry and they informed you of that. How does that qualify as not good service? Did you need something else? If so, you should have said so. If not, what else did you want from them for it to have been good service?
    Last edited by Sir Knight; September 13th, 2012 at 03:18 AM. Reason: corrected mis-spelled word

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by mkvtaco View Post
    Nope... b/s, crappy service and over priced to this day... when a store has one good comment and 3-4 bad typicaly the odds aren't in their favor... my friend ordered a holster there and he came back a few weeks later to oops we forgot to order it finnally several weeks later and no phone call we went in again since we were at lvm and it was there sitting... that's bad business... and that's just a recent story...no thanks.
    You know, you have to take complaints (not only about this place but all places) with a grain of salt and look at exactly what the person is complaining about. 9 times out of 10, it's usually a problem with the customer. Like this post'er above. He walks in and just stands there expecting people to read his mind. They have signs all over the place saying that if you need help to ask, but he doesn't do that. He apparently thinks those signs are for decoration and just stands for SEVERAL MINUTES. Seeing this lost puppy too timid to open his mouth, they ask if he needs help. He asks for something that they don't carry and they tell him so. What more did he want? If they are regular employees, they mostlikely don't have the authority to order stuff.

Another post'er talking about another gunshop said that he walked into a place. Everybody was busy with other customers and he got tired of waiting and left saying that they had bad service. They were helping other customers that were there BEFORE him. Why should he be waited on first.

As I said, most of these complaints have to be taken with a grain of salt and 9 out od 10 of them sounds like it is a problem with the customer. Your friend's holster issue sounds like the 1 out of 10 that might be valid.

Quote Originally Posted by mkvtaco View Post
    over priced to this day...
    Guess you haven't seen their Labor Day prices, which, they are extending until further notice. Their prices on new guns are the lowest around.

Like I said earlier, I have dealt with many shops in the area and never had bad service. This includes Army/Navy, Boyers, Eagle, Meyers, Sarco, Precision Armament, and C&D to name a few.

Many complain about some or all these shops at one time or another. Maybe it is time to look in a mirror as to where the problem lies.

I will continue to shop and get the service I am used to, and the low prices. If you don't go to a shop, thank you. That means I don't have to wait while someone complains about lousy service.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast