Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default I might switch banks to Wells Fargo now. Thoughts?

Twice so far, I have deposited money into my mother's bank account, because I'm a good son. Both times I have been OC - the first time, it was just business as usual. The second time, today, was the same, with a little twist.

As I approached the teller, we exchanged pleasantries. This was the same late-twenties, early-thirties black male teller I talked to last time. Very nice guy, it seems. As he's typing the information into the computer, he asks,

"Are you a cop?"
    "Nope - just taking steps to keep myself protected."
    "Ah, okay."

He handed me the receipt for my transaction and told me to have a wonderful weekend.

Much better than my first OC encounter at First Niagara (which was then Harleysville National): the manager came running out of his office not thirty seconds after I walked in, while I was at the little counter filling out my deposit slip.

"You may have the right to carry that thing out there and in public...but not in here. You're scaring the tellers and firearms are not allowed in this building."

Any thoughts on why or why not switch banks? Aside from the whole paperwork pain in the ass, of course.
    Junior

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: I might switch banks to Wells Fargo now. Thoughts?

You could have thirty five "positive OC encounters" in a row and the next time you could end up face-down with a gun in the back of your head because someone across the room dialed 911 to report the "armed robbery in progress".

Anyone who carries openly needs to understand that. I'll never understand the thought process that deems someplace "OC friendly" after one experience where you don't end up in cuffs.

Change banks if you want. I'd base it more upon the policy of the bank than the interaction with a teller though.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Try American Heritage Federal Credit Union. I highly recommend them as a bank and have been OCing in their branches without issue for years.

They also tend to beat the shit out of most banks when it comes ot banking as well, in my experience.

I OC at both banks and have never been chased down by anyone so far. I pay my mortgage in cash at Wells fargo. My employer uses first Niagra so my checks are cashed at FN. I have been with (harleysville) FN for 11 years. Changing banks is a pain in the ass however if I were to leave FN it would be for WF. I say go for it!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    You could have thirty five "positive OC encounters" in a row and the next time you could end up face-down with a gun in the back of your head because someone across the room dialed 911 to report the "armed robbery in progress".

Anyone who carries openly needs to understand that. I'll never understand the thought process that deems someplace "OC friendly" after one experience where you don't end up in cuffs.

Change banks if you want. I'd base it more upon the policy of the bank than the interaction with a teller though.
    I also am considering it because the bank is walking distance from my residence. The nearest branch of my current bank is a couple of miles away.
    Junior

Default A Word To The Wise, re: Wells Fargo now.

Next time you go to the bank, walk directly into that manager's office and bring him up to speed on U.S. law and PA law. In NO UNCERTAIN TERMS. Leave him some paper-work to back up your position. ***My Socio-politic stance requires me to tell you the following, which is only IMHO, but important: Take half of all the $$$$ you can legally withdraw and buy SILVER coins from a reputable dealer. A $1,000 face value bag of "junk silver" will cost you OVER $30,000. It's only going to get worse than this. The devaluing of U.S. credit rating is just the "earthquake". The real "tsunami" will be much worse. IMHO You may totally disregard everything between the ***. L1S1
    "1"starts the Militia; you are not alone but fight as though you are.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    I also am considering it because the bank is walking distance from my residence. The nearest branch of my current bank is a couple of miles away.
    Does your old bank/Wells Fargo have a Coperate Policy on the matter?

(Montgomery County)

I don't know if I'd switch because of one bad encounter. Hell, I might even go in one day, not OCing (maybe CCing), and try to talk to the manager about his stance, perhaps influencing someone's perspective. I know you like to stand up for your rights, Viper So maybe changing the world one bank manager at a time is also your speed. No sarcasm/mockery intended. What I would say is that if you want to switch banks, make sure you decide what's important to you in a bank (no ATM fees, good interest rates, cute tellers, whatever), and then make your move if it's worth it.

I was reading about switching banks for a different reason, and I did see an article that made a couple of recommendations:

- Ask your new bank for a "switch kit" - this will help you make sure cover all the bases during your switch.

- Leave some padding money in your old accounts for a month or two to make sure any outstanding checks, automatic payments, etc. are closed out at your old bank, and you don't get hit for NSF charges or anything.
    -Studies show that 10 out of 10 criminals prefer unarmed victims.

-Gun control isn't about guns, it's about control.

I just left Wells Fargo. 0.05% interest on my savings account just wasn't doing it for me. Now I'm earning 1% . Unfortunately, the bank I switched to is only in the Lehigh Valley.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs down Re: I might switch banks to Wells Fargo now. Thoughts?

Wells Fargo was one of the BIGGEST takers of TARP money, and combined with Walkallovaya (one of whom bought out the other - I can't remember which), are two of the biggest LEECHES in America. I wouldn't piss on either of them if they were on fire.

Feel free to switch banks. They would be one of my absolute LAST choices, though. Right after, "bury money in matress," and, "bury money in random hole-in-the-ground."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast